Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

Rockhopper 2011 mess

NijinskyNijinsky Posts: 35
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

I few years ago i purchased my 2011 Rockhopper, actually no i got this one on insurance 2 years ago since someone decided they would take my first! Anyhow, I've not done as many trails as I would have liked, but I have used it daily for a 6 mile round trip to work most days on the road.

I moved up into the Pennines 2 weeks ago and the tracks around my house are looking very fun so I thought I'm going to get my bike serviced and get back on the road.

I had it serviced last year too.

Anyway, cut a long story short my bike has a lot of problems! Fork has play, needs a new chain and rear chain set, and possibly a front one, and new brakes! I'm worried about the cost but also dont know whether to take this as an opportunity to upgrade a few things?

Here is the spec.

Fork:SR Suntour SF11-XCR-DS-26-LO-SP, 80mm, 1 piece alloy lower, 30mm steel stanchions, hydraulic damping with mic-tuned spike valve and lockout

Gears:Shimano Deore 9 speed Shadow Long cage Rear / Shimano Alivio, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull Front / Chainset Shimano FC-M430-8, Octalink 44/32/22

any help and reccomendations would be appreciated.