Winter Gloves

n4th4n007
n4th4n007 Posts: 364
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
I have bought numerous pairs of winter gloves over the last5 years and pretty much all of them have turned out to be tosh ! Can anyone recommend a decent pair for general winter riding (I have a pair of Sealskinz for super duper cold) but need a general winter pair.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I have the Craft Siberians which are a great glove for most wintery weather, if it gets really cold I stick on a pair of liner gloves.

They did them in a fluro green which are bright enough to be seen in the dark as well so they get the thumbs up from me.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Endura windchill, they're not bulky but keep your hands warm, if it's really cold I'll put a liner on too.
  • Planet X Insul8or Gloves are the best I have had so far.

Really warm and cheap. Not waterproof - but hay I don't go out in rain and wind.

We get totally ripped off by the likes of Pearl Izumi etc. I paid near £40 for a pair of Izumi short finger gloves - within 3 weeks the stitching came loose and they loast the padding.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I find the Aldi cheap ones brilliant. And nice big reflective areas too.
    When its really really cold - Golf mittens. Warmest things I've ever used. Toasty when its below zero.

I've been through lots of gloves and cost really doesnt seem to be a guarantee of warmth.
  • Assos S7
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ajhapps
    ajhapps Posts: 16
    I have the Craft Siberians which are a great glove for most wintery weather, if it gets really cold I stick on a pair of liner gloves.

Yup, I just got a pair of these as well. Purchased them at the end of last season and they seem to do the trick here in the Northeast U.S.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The planet-x ones are great for cold
    Campag Steam Thermo for siberian
    neoprene wetsuit gloves for wet

Not sure about wet and siberian.....