Halo Spin Doctor nut size?

oddnumber
oddnumber Posts: 42
edited October 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi chaps, got a Spin Doctor solid rear axle with no nuts unfortunately (the axle, not me).

I had some M10 knocking about that I tried, but they were unbelievably tight to fit - so much so that I gave up after not being able to budge them with an impact socket.

Do Halo axles have a weird thread or need an odd sized nut?

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    oddnumber wrote:
    Hi chaps, got a Spin Doctor solid rear axle with no nuts unfortunately (the axle, not me).

I had some M10 knocking about that I tried, but they were unbelievably tight to fit - so much so that I gave up after not being able to budge them with an impact socket.
    Just no, never, ever.
    If nuts won't go on with fingers, they're either the wrong size or something is wrong, like a cross thread.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    oddnumber wrote:

Do Halo axles have a weird thread or need an odd sized nut?

Thanks for any help :)
    you know there is M10 fine and M10 coarse which did you have? and did you check the treads for compatibility?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks chaps. Don't worry, I didn't give it too much stick with the impact socket!

Northern Monkey - that looks like what I have. The price difference between that and a set of Halo M10 nuts isn't much at all so I might invest in a new axle setup and keep the rest as spare.

Nick - i didn't compare threads, rather foolishly, Thats all I can think it'll be.