TACX Turbo Training Repair?

floki
floki Posts: 119
edited October 2013 in Road general
I've got a TACX flow turbo trainer which needs repairing (resistance and head unti don't work).
Who are the UK importers for TACX - I've emailed Wiggle where I bought it from and they don't want to know as its out of the year warranty period.
TACX website says all warranty issues go through retailer?
Seems like a bit of a Catch-22.
Thanks for any information.

Comments

• floki
    floki Posts: 119
    Ah, just dug a bit deeper in TACX site - FisherOutdoor
  • Manufacturers warranties don't affect your consumer rights under the sale of goods act. Retailers can't wash their hands of the problem simply because it is out of warranty. It is reasonable to expect a turbo trainer to work well for longer than 1 year. I would have thought I carefully worded formal letter might lead to a change in attitude.

I bought mine from J E James and shortly after a year the headset went. They felt it was reasonable to send it back to TACX who were happy to replace it.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The Tacx Flow head unit is notorious for not working, particularly in the cold - the LCD display goes blank. I store my head unit indoors and connect it when needed - continues to work. If you're still stuck, Bike24.de carry a good range of Tacx spares
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • How far out of warranty is it?