The Tuesday after the Great Storm...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

So how many of us got blown away last night? It didn't travel this far North, so we just had a slightly stronger breeze than any other day.

Today, my boss is back (she was back yesterday, and all I did was laugh at her hobbling mwahahaha) and we're having meetings. Yay.

Tonight I shall make some bread, and relax the fark out with my homemade chilli.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Today is back to work after a few days off, will be strange because someone who has been there for 17yrs passed away yesterday :(

Taking my car into the garage yet again for a stupid knocking noise - bright side it will be cleaned for me. Laters is off to the man utd game for a corporate jolly, where I will be supporting man utd as I always like an underdog
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Second day left in charge and still nothing has gone pear shaped yet.

No problems with 'the storm' around here although we did get quite a spectacular hail shower in the early hours of this morning.

Early finish today as my bike is booked in for its MOT test. Hopefully it will sail through because I don't really want to be shelling out any unnecessary cash right now.

Later......
  • I got slightly wet at the RLWC game last night but mainly sat under the stand so its all good.

Glorious blue skies here today but its cold, the run off on the hills will be immense and I've got woodworm treatment to do on some joists, all of that means I'll just look at my bike in the garage when I put some washing in the basket.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I survived the great storm, but nearly didn't survive my drive to work this morning as there was some nutter driving the wrong way down the M4 and then decided to do a 3 point turn about 100m in front of me as I was doing about 60mph!!

anyway, I've been soldering cables since about 7.30 so I think I need a break, i'm off to find bacons.

laters
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    All the crazy clients seem to have decided that today is the day to ring me and ask inane questions.

Work is busy - expecting it to just get busier now for the next 8 weeks as people want to move before that dreaded day. One crazy client has already decided when they will move exactly and wont listen to the fact that I don't work weekends and neither does the other solicitor so they wont be moving on a Sunday.

Gym tonight as I don't fancy getting mugged on the mean streets of Cardiff while out for a run.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Hmmmmm, interesting.

I've just had a call from the LBS. Apparently there has been some confusion with my order for the Kinesis, and another frame, identical to mine, has just turned up at their shop. They are now offering it to me for a silly price.

Does anyone want a brand new, sick green, large Kinesis FF29 frame? £350 (plus whatever postage is to your door)
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Probably won't be much of a saving after carriage cost from Isle Of Man - Merlin have 'em in stock at £420 delivered.
  • If you're interested, they'll do it for me for £300.
    Postage would probably be about £20
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Got to work early so went for a walk
    Did some marketing-ey, administration-ey stuff
    Did a lunchtime road ride with the ladies
    More administration-ey stuff
    Home to my microwave meal for 1
    Off to yoga in a bit
    Livin' the dream*

*not sure whose dream.

Apparently a little-seen crudder went round HIB's house last night.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    foxc_uk wrote:

DF33?

Evenin' window lickers

'Great Storm' my arris. I survived that, two long days in work and the commute home. F**king hard as nails, me.

Now I am about to survive baking two apples! That's how I role, me. Yeah.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Clank wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:

DF33?
    Narp