A must watch on Friday ITV

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited November 2013 in The Crudcatcher
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• I'll second that, t'is a fantastic film, even if you're not particularly into motorbikes, the TT etc. Even my missus enjoyed it.

Guy Martin is still a massive helmet though.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I bought the dvd when it came out, but was really underwhelmed by it. Definitely aimed more at non motorcyclists, and Guy Martin came across as a bit of a dick tbh, especially after his pitlane speeding penalty. It's ok, but no better than ok, tbh (IMO).
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Bugger that page has spoilers for the soaps....... :)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    matthew h wrote:

I hope your joking :)
  • He's a truck mechanic you know.........

Still a better rider than I'll ever be. Well worth a watch btw!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • I did kind of feel sorry for him after the film came out. Their stand at the paddock was absolutely mobbed with people. He couldn't go anywhere without being harassed to death. Must be difficult to get into a racing mindset with all that going on. Especially as unlike with any other motorsport event, fans are literally face-to-face right up until they're on the start line. I don't think he was expecting the huge interest he got from the media etc.

That said, he did bring it upon himself by playing the old "I'm just a truck mechanic who likes bikes and stuff" routine whilst going out of his way to get his mug on telly as much as possible. You can't just have all the trappings of fame and fortune as and when it suits you.
  • Kowalski675
    Somebody needs to explain that to celebrities, lol.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Actually a decent mountain biker.

Absolute nutter though and his Hope shorts reek
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    compo wrote:
    his Hope shorts reek

Were you checking the front or the back of em?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Great bunch of different characters. None of the bullsh1t you get in most sports. I don't think I could get back on like Guy, Coner... do.

It must be close to the ultimate buzz. I'm off to make a good honest mug of tea.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    matthew h wrote:

I hope your joking :)

Maybe a little
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    93marquez_s5d4322_slideshow_169.jpg

Marc Márquez wins GP championship at 20. First year on a GP bike too, pretty incredible.
  • Kowalski675
    FocusZing wrote:

Marc Márquez wins GP championship at 20. First year on a GP bike too, pretty incredible.

Fatboy Freddie must be gutted that his record's been beaten. If only every race could be like the first ten laps of today's, rather than the usual tedious processions...