Windproof Longs

anto164
anto164 Posts: 3,500
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
So, this year i'm wanting to ride more over the winter, so i'm splashing out on a decent coat and want to get some weather resistant longs. I'm tired of getting wet in my roubaix longs (Giordana FR-C longs)and then getting cold once the cold wind whips around the wet legs.

So i'm at the point where i'm wanting to buy some decent longs, which are weather resistant. I've looked around for some fr-c windproof longs, but they're hard to get hold of in size L. So does anyone recommend any other windproof longs? Budget around the £100 mark.

Comments

• alistaird
    alistaird Posts: 290
    Gore Bike Wear for me... Got mine in the sales a couple of years ago and wouldn't be with out them.

A
    Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I've got some Lusso Windtex tights from Merlin Cycles. Brilliant bit of kit. Were in the sale, but now seem to be around 80 quid.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Assos bib longs are fantastic at dealing with wind chill. Ultimately though, whilst helping to keep you warm, they are not water resistant - not sure if that is what your main driver is. If it isn't water resistance, then I've not come across anything as good as the Assos.

Peter