big in Japan...

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
A mate in Japan has been offered this;

20080507182155.jpg

for £50 (equiv)

he'll be doing about 25km on the road a day - commute and errands at work and hoping to do some gentle but steep off-road at the weekends. What were these like? This was super-advanced tech in my first MTB life - used to drool over this type of bike in the mags.
"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not ideal, and a bit bouncy, it will of course do the job and is almost certainly worth more than £50 if it were in the UK!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    yeah figured. Looks great.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    ahhhg my eyes.

buy it and sell it and get a suitable bike. poor brakes. fork looks dead.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I lived in Japan once & paid a lot more than that for my shopper bike.... Also bikes do get knicked a lot over there, so i wouldn't pay too much for an urban ride anyway. I'd get it.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    Wow!! Havent seen an LTS in donkeys. My mate had one, he said it was pretty good, not compared to todays standards though.

Shirley it belongs in a museum?
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Maro wrote:
    Wow!! Havent seen an LTS in donkeys. My mate had one, he said it was pretty good, not compared to todays standards though.

Shirley it belongs in a museum?

Why does Shirley belong in a museum, whats the poor ole gal done to deserve that?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i would keep the DX SPD pedals though.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Forks are dead. If the pivots die they cost a fortune. But fifty quid? Go for it.