Windy Monday Morning...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, it doesn't sound that windy from where I'm sat, and the BBC weather said that later today we can expect winds of up to 18mph!!! Ooooo! How are the rest of you coping?

Today, is very much more of the same. My boss is having an operation on her metatarsal today and hoping to be back in work for Wednesday. We'll see...

Anywho's, nothing exciting to report at all really.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Is this the 'storm'?

I've been wetter riding Penmachno in the middle of Summer.

Off to work early as I have about 20 hours of admin to fit into 7 hours before a meeting. Not a chance am I working late, on 6 days this week as it is.

Later
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I'm yet to see what all the fuss is about, it doesn't appear to be that wet outside, and the wind is only doing a force 5-6 which when I used to sail we'd definitely go out in and consider it fun, just have a couple of extra safety boats out :lol: Having said that the gusts seem to be a completely different story, definitely wouldn't sail in them but they're still nothing massively remarkable. Hopefully it will get worse and do loads of damage to the garden as we've been waiting ages for the landlord to send someone to clear up all the shit he dumped there, and it'll give us a good excuse to pester again.

Today is uni meh/studying/revision. Was supposed to have hockey training later but I got my foot smashed up yesterday so I'm resting today. Currently can't weight bear properly on it and can't ride on flats, I tried. I think in clipless shoes the stiff sole and cleat position will make it possible to ride the roadie as it's the outside of the foot that's hurt. Just hope I can fit the foot in my bloody shoes soon, I just tried, and currently I can't :evil:

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Sat at home because I'm worried about going out in the great storm or really booked the day off to be with the kids

Bit of rain outside, so when that clears up around lunchtime we are going to walk up the Wrekin, other than that a trip to the bike shop is planned and that's about it
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    is this it then?

no different to a normal Monday morning here.

did go to the beach yesterday to see the waves the storm was sending in, some bloody huge ones crashing over the harbour wall 8)

hopefully get out for a ride later if I finish work on time.

laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' nodules

So this is The Great Storm is it? Great strom in a bloody teacup if you ask me. The world hasn't ended, there is no Zombie apocalypse and the only apocalyptic horseriders I'm seeing are some c**ts on a Bonanza rerun.

F**king media - I had my hopes up and everything. B*****ds.

Best be getting on with some work, then!

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Morning homos.

It's not even windy on the Isle of Man this morning!

Dafuq? It's ALWAYS windy on the Isle of Man!

AND it's dry!

Sod this, I'm off for a ride.

Laters douchebags
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Can't figure out what all the fuss is about. There is virtually no wind here this morning and only one, very brief, shower.

Following a weekend of total indulgence in beer and food the belt is a bit too tight this morning for my liking. I fear I'm going to have to cut out the mid week beer sessions. :cry:

Boss man is off this week so that leaves me in charge again. No extra payment for this just more shizzle to put up with.

Badminton session after work to look forward to.

Later......
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Right! First things first Good morning all!

My story of woe! Set oof from Cambridge six yesterday evening, picked a mate up near Kings Lynn, drove to just outside Cardiff got there at eleven thirty. Transport collected us at four this morning to go to Bristol airport to fly out to Belfast at seven this morning!
    Got on the M4 to find both bridges are closed, driver initially follows the diversion then goes freestyle and ends up back at a blocked road that would have led to one of the bridges!
    We then bite the bullet and go up the M50 to the M5 down to Brizzle!!! As we get to Brizzle we find both bridges were opened at seven!!
    Two hours late, missed flight, re booked flight is now at seven this evening! Sat in sh1tty brizzle airport for what will feel like the rest of my life!
    And all because there was a slight breeze and a few drops of rain......FML!!

Now i'm off to the rants section on the communting pages! toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I think the media have to exagerate any storm, in order to avoid a Michael Fish incident again. Fair enough

Anyway today I am bored. That's all
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Dissapointed... I've seen better from a toilet flushing in a hospital.

Was thinking which thing outside my house would go first. The sky dish, telephone pole, or lampost.

Even the poorly built shed with no roof in the garden is still intact.

work wise? hmmm lots and lots of paperwork and thinking of a new bike on the scheme if the system decides to work
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    This was a bit of a crap storm but they still cancelled every train down my way :evil: Had to take a taxi as this was one of the fee days I couldn't just work from home. Ho hum. Anyhow off on the Eurostar (which mysteriously is operating a normal service) for a day over in Paris on work, so not going to see a lot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    This was a bit of a crap storm but they still cancelled every train down my way :evil: Had to take a taxi as this was one of the fee days I couldn't just work from home. Ho hum. Anyhow off on the Eurostar (which mysteriously is operating a normal service) for a day over in Paris on work, so not going to see a lot.

Enough time for a little ding action :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    meh!

Today is about sorting final details for our holiday

Why is it when you give a woman 3 choices she always wants a 4th unavailable option...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

How do you know the size of stevos ding?
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Slightly breezy day with some light rain occasionally and bright spells here. No storm.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    3/4 of a day off for an off shore breeze.

I'll have that for a dollar
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The City of Lurve... :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The City of Lurve... :)

And motorcycle mounted dog poop hoovering blokes.
  • Richie63 wrote:
    3/4 of a day off for an off shore breeze.

I'll have that for a dollar

I bet it wasn't pleasant out there today. Must be far enough north to have avoided the worst of it though, right?