Planet X RT58 vs N2A

Chunky101
Chunky101 Posts: 108
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
I have a CycleScheme voucher with Planet X and was about to purchase an RT58 but I like the look of the N2A with the carbon wheels. My question is whether the more race focused geometry of the N2A is likely too extreme for a newbie (I'm currently maxing at around 40 road miles per trip on my mountain bike).

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I went for the slightly more "relaxed" RT-58 and compared to my old road bike it just feels much more comfortable 8)
    I too are predominantly an MTBer and always found the "race" geometry a bit too steep which lead to me converting my old bike to flat bars.
    It depends what your intentions are in the long run?If racing/competing then maybe the N2A but if just general road-riding and the odd event/Sportive then IMO look no further than the RT 8)
  • Chunky101
    Chunky101 Posts: 108
    Perhaps the RT58 with carbon rims is the way to go :)
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    RT58 IMO
  • Went for the RT58, feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for it to be built :D
  • diamonddog
    Stealth or Green & White?
  • Stealth :)
  • diamonddog
    Nice, post some pics when it arrives.
  • sniper68
    Good choice 8)
    I had no option when I bought mine as the green/white wasn't available but I would have gone for stealth anyway :)
  • She's arrived .... I'm in love! Absolutely gutted that it's been raining heavily all day so not yet ridden her but hope to rectify that over the weekend.

There are a few things which could do with changing in time such as the saddle (colour), the stem clamp (colour) and the chain guide (colour). Cosmetics aside she's a beauty and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Also I've read many things about the Planet X buying experience and that their customer services are poor but I couldn't disagree more. They have been nothing but polite, helpful, patient and professional from day one and I did mess them around going back and forth between options and cancelling orders until I got it right. They were excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again or recommend them to others.
  • sniper68
    Welcome to the club :)
    Mine was more or less perfect straight away,just had to adjust the bar tilt :)
  • focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    Nice! Glad you love your RT, I've got a pair of 52mm carbons just delivered on mine, can't wait to get out aswell.