Saris bone, 2 bike rack?

Oldboy NDF
Oldboy NDF Posts: 14
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
Thinking of this product but heard mixed views.

I have a ford fiesta 12 reg 3 door, and a hardtail cannondale, and probably my mates rockhopper/carrera.

Will this be suitable for my car or if not could anyone recommend a better option??

cheers guys.

Comments

• I have a saris bones RS and it's a great bit of kit
  • RS looks great but a little out of my price range.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I had the bones 3. Check the fitting guide on the Saris website, it doesn't fit my 2009 Mondeo hatchback but fitted my 2005 VW Passat fine.
    It should be fine for your bikes. I used to carry my On One 456SS, Giant Reign X, Giant XTC and Nukeproof Scalp (not all together!). Smaller full sus frames can be a problem and so can bikes with a shock running under the top tube (stumpjumper fsr style)
  • Ill check the site out first then, Im sure they should fit a standard hatchback like mine ok though hopefully.
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    I use mine on Astra and Focus,seems to fit fine.Rockmonkey,when you carried your reign,did you just move the arms?or use one of those top tube bars,did you have dropper seat post?I have SB3 but Giant reign 2 with dropper and its fiddly as hell to fit on,takes HT's no problem though.
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Mine was a large frame so the arm went above the shock. I doubt you could fit a small or medium Reign on a bones.
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    Ah cool.i did manage to get mine on,bit of a faff,but had to have the arms in pretty narrow,not very safe,
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie