Good winter glove? suggestions?

Oldboy NDF
Oldboy NDF Posts: 14
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
Just been browsing chain reactions, every time i find a glove that looks the part it has bad reviews?

anyone recommend a good choice for winter?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bargain for a tenner
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLPXINSGL/p ... 8or_gloves

Bought some last year and they work

When it's really, really cold I wear thin gloves under cheap ski gloves.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Gloves are very personal, as I ride hot I tend to use fairly thin gloves (in fact I've only just put the Mitts away for winter) so what works for me may not work for you...as for reviews, people are more liley to complain than praise.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Last time i went out with my mitts my hands were numb!
    ive looked at ordering some royal mercury gloves off chain reaction, they look good for the job.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Oldboy NDF wrote:
    Last time i went out with my mitts my hands were numb!
    Exactly, whilst I just felt my fingers were a bit chilly, which is why it's so personal. (For commuting I wear T-shirt and shorts only down to about +4, for MTBing which is slower and less contnuous effort its long sleeve base plus lightweight motocross top and shorts at the moment.)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    When it's really cold I go for the Lidl (Aldi?) ones, completely waterproof, bargain.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Oldboy NDF wrote:
    Last time i went out with my mitts my hands were numb!
    ive looked at ordering some royal mercury gloves off chain reaction, they look good for the job.

I have a pair of Royal Mercurys and I dont like them the seams inside the fingers are very big and irritated me so much on the first and only ride wearing them I ended up going without gloves for the last couple of miles.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    cooldad wrote:
    Bargain for a tenner
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLPXINSGL/p ... 8or_gloves

Bought some last year and they work

When it's really, really cold I wear thin gloves under cheap ski gloves.

How do they feel for size I have big hands and I am right on limit on the size chart for the XL.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap