Giant defy mudguards

mcowan77
mcowan77 Posts: 560
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Anyone had a problem with these snapping?

Thats 2 sets I've bought that have snapped

The bit that hooks on the rear brake calliper has a snapped after a few months use

Not happy

£25 a set!!!

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    Did you fit these yourself or did the bike shop fit them, If they are failing in such a short time it is either a fitting problem or a design/material fault. Did you go back to the retailer and ask for replacements? They should be covered for a least 12 months under the sale of goods act.
  • My rear one broke in exactly the same place after about 18 months. They seem hard to get hold of at the moment - wonder if they're being redesigned or just withdrawn perhaps
  • mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 560
    I've just used a couple of cable tied to secure them
  • Just put mine back on for they're second winter. Did your's make loads of noise rattling on rough road surfaces as well?
  • Just put mine back on for they're second winter. Did your's make loads of noise rattling on rough road surfaces as well?

Yep, can't wait till the winters over and they can come off ;-)

We'll they didn't make it to the end of the second winter, failed in the same place as OP last night. :-(