YT Tuesday limited edition 2014

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,169
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=372

Apart from the fact that it's a lottery whether you'd get one, can anyone give me a good reason why not, given that I am not a downhill God? As usual, almost unbelievable spec for the money from YT (less that £2,600 at todays exchange rate).

There may be better frames out there if you've got a big budget but I want to keep the cost reasonable.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not a great frame. Rear suspension is too linear. Lacks small bump sensitivity but blows through travel.
    Buy one and change the frame for a better one.
    I know a few people who bought them and they all changed the frame.
    Still better than a Canyon Torque. Not as good as tge new Rose DH bike.
  • Stevo_666
    Not a great frame. Rear suspension is too linear. Lacks small bump sensitivity but blows through travel.
    Buy one and change the frame for a better one.
    I know a few people who bought them and they all changed the frame.
    Still better than a Canyon Torque. Not as good as tge new Rose DH bike.
    I've seen the new Rose 'Unchained' - how do you know what it's like? It has only been out on the website for a couple of weeks at most and I can't find any reviews on the interweb. Would be genuinely interested to hear some feedback on it if you know anyone who's ridden one.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rockmonkeysc
    I know someone who has one. I rode the Beefcake which was good apart from a little rear end flex which has aparantly been cured with the Unchained.
    I tried keeping up with one of the Rose team riders a while ago, there was nothing wrong with that bike
  • Stevo_666
    Good to hear about the Rose. It looked like a nice piece of kit and I like the Rose 'spec your own' configurator. It's nearly £3.5k but still bl00dy good VFM.
  • rockmonkeysc
    If you really want a bargain CRC have got a shop soiled Scalp for £1600. Add in a set of Boxxer R2C2 forks and it's still cheap and you would get a couple hundred for the Domains.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Andreu Lacondeguy seems to do alright on his :wink:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    Do you really think his is the same as the production bikes?
    His will have custom geometry and linkages like most pro race bikes.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    yeah yeah obviously but couldn't help it
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8