Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Funny day yesterday. I got to work to an email from my boss saying "I won't be in until next Monday, I tripped and ripped some ligaments in my foot"
So no sooner than am I able to walk on 2 feet again, she's gone and done worse damage than I did! :roll:

Anywho, that means today will be quieter than originally thought it would. I'm chasing quotes for microphones and shizzle at the moment, it's ok stuff really.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh today, except I'm scheduled for delivery of my wheels, so I'm going to stay home and study here, only missing 2 lectures so not the end of the world, just got to make sure I actually work today. Been very lazy so far this term, not long until exams and I think it's time to get serious.

TTFN
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    I don't suppose today could be any worse than yesterday. It just feels like I'm running to stand still.

Minion recruitment is dragging on so slowly. Latest update is that HR are waiting for a reference to get back to them and it might take some time as they are in the US of A. I thought, in this modern world, that emails travelled at the same speed regardless of country of origin but WTFDIK. :roll:

Good badminton session last night but nothing planned for tonight. I think I might just chill with a beer or two.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Morning

In sunny Birmingham today, slow trip here as I left early & believed the satnav when it said the M6 was clear - so didn't bother with the toll road, won't do that again!

Today is a few meetings and a bit of hassle, but overall it is my Friday - so life is good (so far)

later
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

Puncture on the commute today. Should have my minion in post on 25th November.

There isn't enough coffee today.

Laters...
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies,

Intrastat inspection completed and its ok, was worried about that.

now onwards to awful free food, and a desire to go home and sleep.

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Afternoon Cruditos,

Feeling tired like I have done all week but am going out for a night on the sauce tonight and will attempt to pedal to work tomorrow morning. I'm a glutton for punishment I am.

Pushing on to the weekend - not too far away now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Afternoon.

Left my bike wet for two days in a warm office, when I came back to it the chain was golden, well orange.

Didnt think much, just thought I'd give it a clean when I got home and oil and it would be fine. It made such a horrible noise on the way home, and then eventually the chain split at the powerlink. Chain and Powerlink are only about 4 month old so I reckon it was the rust that did it somehow. Hmm
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Woke up in a great mood after a 10hr sleep. Had to do the awful job of emailing 103 people yesterday about prizes, so I spent most of today responding to the 80 that replied.
    Done the (hopefully) last lawn mow of the year tonight, made an awful dinner which I ate anyway coz there's nothing else to eat and now I'm pondering what to do while resisting the urge to go to the shop and buy vienetta.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    matthew h wrote:
    Morning

In sunny Birmingham today, slow trip here as I left early & believed the satnav when it said the M6 was clear - so didn't bother with the toll road, won't do that again!

Is that section ever clear, apart from in the middle of the night?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    matthew h wrote:
    Morning

Is that section ever clear, apart from in the middle of the night?

According to my sat nav it was clear this morning at 6.30 - yet 15 mins later it was total gridlock - took the toll road home, which meant I was sat in the pub by 7.30 and happy :£
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    matthew h wrote:
    yet 15 mins later it was total gridlock

Situation normal on that stretch.