Dusting off my 97 GT Karakorum

2»

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Seriously? He was giving as good as he got until the toothy thing hit a nerve.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • highlux
    highlux Posts: 18
    cooldad wrote:

Lets not bring your sex life into this.

Bike fairly cleaned up. Will be doing tubes and seat shortly.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    highlux wrote:
    So I assume you are the board asshole? Ttypescllling me only reinforces my feelings that the English are just bad as the rest of the euro trash. I knew one of you would go douchebag on me. I knew it.

Was it because my Grandfather and Great Uncle both came to your county to stage for Normandy invasion? Knock your granny up or something?

Was it because we rebelled in 1776? You mad bro? I suppose living in a country that has only lost territory over the last 100 years would make me edgy as well.

Or maybe its misplaced angst at the fact you worship do nothing monarchs like gods?

Are you mad I have more freedom?

I like people from England. But I guess being a douchebag is universal in your case.

Ill slither back to an American forum. I just happened to find this one first. No need for me to contribute. I have nothing to add or share worthwhile.

One thing I can guarantee you though my freind. England needs America......way more than we need you.

You came to the war at the last minute, hardly heroic but typically American. But yes, you were the finishing blow and don't we know it.

Yes we worship monarchs, but are you seriously about to call the UK on being stupid? Really?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's always so amusing when an American goes all 'Marlborough country' on us.....you started this fight, don't cry when people fight back!

English (US) isn't a real language, it's something made up by Microsoft to allow you to keep misspelling English words.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    The Rookie wrote:
    It's always so amusing when an American goes all 'Marlborough country' on us.....you started this fight, don't cry when people fight back!

English (US) isn't a real language, it's something made up by Microsoft to allow you to keep misspelling English words.

Drivel.

Language changes. There are many examples of the Americans using the old 'correct' version of an English word that here in England we've changed gradually to a different spelling over many years.

Besides that, English is the combination of many different languages anyway, due to us being invaded a ridiculous number of times.

In what way did he start the fight anyway? Looks to me like cooldad insulted him as a result of his car choice.

Anyway, this is completely irrelevant... Nice bike.
  • cooldad
    Er it's not a car. I simply used the correct term for a truck, which is truck.
    As a matter of fact I am a big Highlux fan, having spent most of my life in the colonies, where they are popular workhorses.
    But the colonies, whether they are SA, NZ or the Americas, are quite barbaric and not civilised. Hell some can't even spell civilised.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • highlux
    Im having fun, believe me...it takes alot more than a few Limies to get me worked up.
    Thats the thing with the internet...even people like cooldad get to pop off with little to no consequence.

It wouldnt go down like that in person. The way I carry myself. My size. The Clint Eastwood look in my eye.
    None of these can be seen on the internet. He knows not for he is uninformed.

Now...truth be told. Im proud as hell to be of Scottish, Irish, and Welsh descent. Not a bit of another mutt country at all. If I ever visited, Id probably never come back to the US. I'd be too busy entertaining and impregnating the women. (yes Im that good looking)

The things I said regarding England were obviously stereotypical canned American responses in retort for the same.
    I figured you astoot and enlightened genius's would have read into that.

Oh...cooldad...sorry bout your teeth. Brightside....you can eat corn on the cobb through a picket fence?
  • highlux
    Oh...cooldad....no need to respond back. It's clear you are out matched.

This seems appropriate.

2004-D03-565.jpg
  • cooldad
    highlux wrote:
    Oh...cooldad....no need to respond back. It's clear you are out matched.

This seems appropriate.

file.php?40,file=85202,filename=fat-militia.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • highlux
    Having trouble with your link. Tsk tsk tsk. It's easy for us Americans. We invented the internet.

Th wife has been jabbering about me showing her bike too. A 1993 Raleigh m40. Ill get a pic of it tomorrrow.
    I cant wait to get my tools I ordered and get to it on this GT. It will be hard to look at a bike without being able to ride it.

I wish we got the cool name hilux for our toyota trucks here. trucks like my trekker were labeled as "pickups".

The Trekker...the blue one in the garage...is a 1981. Toyota wanted into the suv market and sent 1200 or so chassis cabs to Winnebego the rv maker. They came up with the trekker as a prototype to the 4runner and test marketed it for the US. It's the Holy Grail of Toyota 4x4's.

Here is one Totally restored a freind in New Jersey has. Just exactley how I will do mine. Bad part is...I will spend more restoring it then it will be worth. Maybe someday they will be more valuable...but the collector car market doesnt really know about them yet. One did just go on Meechum auction but was a no sale @ 13,500.

Picture016.jpg

Picture008.jpg
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    highlux wrote:
    Having trouble with your link. Tsk tsk tsk. It's easy for us Americans. We invented the internet.

220px-Tim_Berners-Lee-Knight-crop.jpg

Sir Tim Berners-Lee.

No question Americans are generally good at putting concepts into production. Probably because of their can do attitude and good financial backing.

Look up 'Topgear' HiLux, they are tough machines.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    cooldad wrote:
    I must have been bad weather bitchy yesterday. I still think your genetics decend from Rhyl though.
  • cooldad
    When the movie of my life comes out I'll say, in a very deep voice, "Sheepsteeth, I am your father."
    I do have a mighty lightsaber, obviously.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools