edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
DSCF6124.JPG

DSCF6127.JPG

DSCF6125.JPG

Frame: Condor Fratello 55cm
Forks: Kinesis 7075
Bars: Pro Vibe 7s 42cm
Stem: Planet X 120mm (17deg)
Headset: Generic (waiting for my new one to be delivered)
Bar Tape: Ambrossio White

Brake Calipers: Tektro + Swisstop Pads
Shifters: Sram Rival
Cables: Jagwire
Front Mech: Sram Rival
Rear Mech: Sram Rival

Seat: Fizik Aliante
Seat Post: 3T Dorico Pro (25mm setback)

Cranks: Truvativ Elita 175mm Compact (50/34)
Chain: KMC
Cassette: Sram 1070 11-28
Pedals: Shimano 105 5700
Bottom Bracket: Sram GXP

Wheelset: Shimano R500 (Going to hand build a better set when I have some spare money, any ideas?)
Tubes: Vittoria
Tires: Continental Gatorskin 23mm
Mudguards: SKS Chromoplastics

Accessories: Sram Quickview Garmin Mount, Fizik Saddle Bag, Elite Bottle Cages

This is by no means the lightest bike (at around 11kg with saddle bag) but it is a lovely riding bike, I have done 300 miles on this bike so far and it has proven to be rather comfortable compared to my carbon summer bike, granted it is a little slower off the mark due to weight.

Comments

• Thats a nice bike and a great price. Did you just source from the classifieds and a certain auction site? I used to get hung up about weights and all that but got over it, life isn't for being a stresshead weight weenie!

For wheels, see the gazillion and one threads in the buying advice section. Ugo and thecycleclinic always have great advice and I'd be surprised if they haven't gone over the options that would suit you before.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Nice looking bike actually - very aggressive set up there!

Last thing you want is some twitchy featherweight offering when there's leaf action and ice just around the corner.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Meirionatron
    Meirionatron Posts: 154
    edited December 2013
    I picked the frame up by itself on that certain auction site, the title was a bit vague so I got it at a good price. I wanted a bike with 'proper' mudguards rather than Crud Roadracer's and a shortish headtube so this fit the bill perfectly :) Everything else was either brand new or from my parts box, I think I picked the seatpost up on the classifieds forum though.

I haven't worried about weight on my bikes for a while now (since I had my carbon bars and seatpost snap), I just want bikes I can trust, if lightweight comes into it it is a bonus I guess, this bike feels stable and I feel I can trust it under any condition that is thrown at me :) New wheels will lighten it up and make it more responsive though.

I have some new Ultegra 6600 hubs I bought last winter on sale, I will probably build them up with Mavic Open Pro's, Ambrossio Excellight or H Plus Sons rims, haven't decided yet although the many forum threads did help :)

The position is a bit aggressive but I find it's the only way I can ride without getting lower back pain (it sounds stupid with the bars being so low but it works for me).

I am really happy with the bike, I think it looks great and it rides just as I would like it to, I will see if I still feel the same way after this winter :)
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Cracking bike (being a Fratello owner, I would say that!)

Can't complain at putting that together for such good money.

Should be a very comfy mile-eater over the winter months.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice for winter...
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    Wheels: Ultegra 32h hubs on Mavic Open Pros would be my choice
  • Looks well but jeze............what a bar to hooks drop that is!......are you an orangutang? :shock:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Nice bike, great price and lovely colour (!)

But I fear it's too small if you need that much seat pin showing, and are your triple jointed or a pro or something that you can ride with that much of a drop from saddle to bars?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?

It's just a hill. Get over it.