Pinarello Paris : Bottom Bracket advice

davide123
davide123 Posts: 2
edited October 2013 in Workshop
Good evening,

I don't write very often but I constantly read this forum, thank you so much for your knowledge and tips.

I have a question for you guys :

I have a Pinarello Paris 2012 and the MOST bottom bracket fit in that says "most-croxover-oversize-bottom-bracket" and I have a Veloce 10 speed groupset. I'm thinking to buy a Record 2013 and I need to understand if it will fit a BB30 ( the one coming with the used Record Groupset) or not.

Also, I'm 5'7" tall and I always used a 172.5 mm crankset. The gropuset found is a 175 mm crankset. I never tried this length, any advice?

Thank you so much

ciao!

davide

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,569
    The description they print on the shell is just blurb - the frame actually has a standard Italian thread BB shell I think in the 2012 model. This year they have gone to PF30 according to the factory website.

So, if you are buying a (used) Record 11sp gruppo, you should just need the Ultra Torque BB cups in Italian thread. AFAIK, Campag have only just released a BB30 specific crank, was never an option until the latest range; all you could do was use the adaptors to fit their standard UT crank to a BB30 shell. So, the set you are buying may have those adaptors supplied with it instead of the regular Italian or English thread cups. These are what I mean:

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/groupsetdetail/item_calotteintUT_catid_12.jsp

Here's a link to the spec sheet for a 2012 Paris frameset, should be what you have I think?

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/pinarello-paris-carbon-frameset

With ref the crank length, I'd have thought 175 a bit long for someone your height, unless you have unusually long legs.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,412
    So many arguments about crank arm lengths. I have 175 cranks. After years of riding 175's, I went to 172.5's as I am 5'8" after a lengthy argument with another bod. I hated them. I found I was spinning the gear better but had less power when I kicked going uphill and kicking full stop.
    If you can, try a bike with 175's and see what it feels like. It cost me an arm and a leg to sell the 172.5's and replace them with new 175's on both the bikes. So get it right.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!