Ever bought a bike you didnt like and sram shifters, really?

2»

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    m_cozzy wrote:
    The downside being the chain hangs slack on the smallest front & rear chainrings.
    But it should never be in that position?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's not ideal, but it's hardly a cardinal sin, and on a new bike you should absolutely be able to put the chain in small/small, something is wrong if the chain's slack.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    There's not much to like about x5 and x7.

Sorry to say that IME, there's not much to like about anything cheap SRAM make...Their top end stuff is great but the budget stuff just does nt last
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    supersonic wrote:
    Sram 10 speed it's not 2:1!

Yup. It is all very odd, the turnaround, Shimano basically taking SRAM's advantages and SRAM forgetting what they used to do right. I've always been a sram guy but I can't see any reason to buy most of their new stuff.

(Though then again 3 of my bikes have 9.5 speed now with X9 shifters and XT, SLX and Saint rear mechs so maybe I'm just weird)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Though i have never had an issue with SRAM stuff.. odd

Though on the fox front looking at replacing my 2010 36 talas with a lyric or a Marzocchi 55 just torn between air and coil... the talas just never really impressed me.

With your hitting the pedals this could just be a low bottom bracket too which does make cornering very stable.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Though i have never had an issue with SRAM stuff.. odd

I really really want to like SRAM stuff, I have it on the roadie and it's really nice, but in particular they have a habit of not threading the actual metal or plastic but putting a glued in thread into which the bolt is threaded. I ve had those inserts give way on several Rival FDs and most recently on the Garmin mount. The Force FD I upgraded to has a proper screw threaded into the metal!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Though i have never had an issue with SRAM stuff.. odd

Nothing wrong with the X7 setup on my bike.