Bike light for helmet

jibberish
jibberish Posts: 151
edited October 2013 in Commuting general
Hi all

Any recommendations for a cheap light for front facing going on my cycling helmet? I just got a cheap Cree 5000 lumen front light from eBay and it's crazy bright and very powerful.

I was looking for something for forward facing into the traffic. Doesn't have to be very powerful - it's just to be seen.

Cheers

Jibb

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Look on dealextreme or lightmalls, they both have a range of reasonable LED lights that suite what you want.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jibberish
    jibberish Posts: 151
    Nice one - looking now...thanks
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Your local Aldi might have some of the tiny lightweight lights which will attract attention from drivers at junctions but not do much to light your way.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    AA-Maglite with a NiteIze velcro headband. Keeps your forehead warm and the weight won't make the helmet move about. I use mine for skiing and working on the car too. It's bright but not enough to dazzle drivers.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • pidism
    pidism Posts: 32
    I have a couple of Tesco lights. The front provides sufficient light to read my speedo in the dark, whilst allowing people to notice me.
    The rear facing one is great on flashing mode. Extra rear light higher up to compliment the others on my bike itself.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/activequipm ... =257-7596#

also available on Amazon.

I have used them for a while now, even in heavy rain they continue to sodlier on.
    Run off cr2032 batteries. still using the original batteries 6 months on.......... I commute all times day/ night so they are used a lot.