tube and railway signalmen

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited October 2013 in The cake stop
Why do you make my life a misery?

If there are no trains at the jubilee line platforms why does my inbound to Stratford tube stop for 5 minutes just outside the station with the driver claiming they are waiting for a free platform, during which time no tubes pass in the opposite direction as all platforms are already empty. Yet still we wait.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    They do it on purpose just to pi$$ you off :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,462
    It's part of the government scheme to promote cycling to work by making the alternatives less attractive
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    monkimark wrote:
    It's part of the government scheme to promote cycling to work by making the alternatives less attractive

It doesn't take much to be more attractive than the tube.

When I used to work in London my contracts manager used to tell me that traveling on the tube was the best sex he got :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • If you're on the train, how do you know the platforms are empty? Just a thought... :)
    Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!
  • because its the end of the line....
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    because its the end of the line....
    What? London?

Too right!