Apparently this vid is about riding bikes

cant work it out myself

http://vimeo.com/77502064

SFW

DCR :D

Comments

• cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    Saw this on vital this morning....I couldn't work it out myself either....had to watch it twice to see that there was a bike in there.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    She can't ride up hills. This suggests no stamina.

.....Which means I'd break her.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    edited October 2013
    Love Wilko Johnson's guitar playing. Er.. did I miss something else?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    thanks - cheered me up :)
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    edited October 2013
    Clank wrote:

Is there a queue where others can try too....?
  • I thought I saw a bike at some point....

...let me just watch it again...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • That young lady should look into wearing some chest protection before she hurts herself.

Suggests to me that she's doing it wrong
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    the vid looks like it was done at Delemere, which is 20 mins from my house

i had to watch it a few more times, just to be sure
  • tlw1
    DCR00 wrote:
    the vid looks like it was done at Delemere, which is 20 mins from my house

i had to watch it a few more times, just to be sure

you could be right - maybe she is from the Port
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Are you sure there is a bike in the video ? Its like trying to find Wally, hang on let me have another look I am sure I will find it this time :D (puntastic)
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I'm so glad I clicked that link, lol. Hypnotic. Best GoPro angle ever, lol. Can I marry her?

Read the comments below the vid - I reckon Amanda Batty's either a lezzer, or just ugly... :lol:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Clank wrote:

I'd want to be first in the queue, wouldn't want someone elses baby gravy ozzing out as I dived in :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I'm so glad I clicked that link, lol. Hypnotic. Best GoPro angle ever, lol. Can I marry her?

Read the comments below the vid - I reckon Amanda Batty's either a lezzer, or just ugly... :lol:

Yeah I reckon 100% the latter!
    arran77 wrote:
    Clank wrote:

I'd want to be first in the queue, wouldn't want someone elses baby gravy ozzing out as I dived in :shock:

That's what I thought - bit wierd!
  • Kowalski675

Yeah, me too. I might log on and ask her... :lol:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890

Yeah, me too. I might log on and ask her... :lol:

Please do. She is being such a batty
  • I see they are shooting a sequal with cooldad .......... think I will give it a miss .
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Mmm, Ancillotti, gorgeous bikes though, like a spondon pushbike.

Er, hang on, I mean 8OO85
    Uncompromising extremist
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there will be a sequel.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Kowalski675
    Northwind wrote:
    Mmm, Ancillotti, gorgeous bikes though, like a spondon pushbike.

Er, hang on, I mean 8OO85

Are Spondon still making frames? Have they got any godlike welders left since Bob retired (then died) and Gavin left to set up GIA Engineering?
  • tlw1
    I see they are shooting a sequal with cooldad .......... think I will give it a miss .

What's his cleavage like?
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    matthew h wrote:
    I see they are shooting a sequal with cooldad .......... think I will give it a miss .

What's his cleavage like?

Quite substantial i hear
  • Northwind
    Are Spondon still making frames? Have they got any godlike welders left since Bob retired (then died) and Gavin left to set up GIA Engineering?

I didn't know sweary bob died :( Don't know if they're still going, I think Norton bought them out a while back. Probably everyone who wants a spondon wants it wrapped round an 1100 oilboiler anyway so not much demand for new frames I imagine!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Kowalski675
    Northwind wrote:

I didn't know sweary bob died :( Don't know if they're still going, I think Norton bought them out a while back. Probably everyone who wants a spondon wants it wrapped round an 1100 oilboiler anyway so not much demand for new frames I imagine!

Died of a heart attack last year, unfortunately. Master craftsman and sweary legend. "Norton" did buy them - the "Norton" TT racer was an Aprilia RSV4 engine in a Spondon frame, with a Norton sticker on the tank (how the f**k is that in any way a Norton?). I don't know if they're still making customer frame kits. Unfortunately oilcooled GSXR 1100 lumps are like rocking horse s**t now. Was chatting to a guy recently who has an uber rare Spondon Barge framed GSXR11 tucked away in his garage. Some years ago I could've bought the last ever unused Martek frame, if my pockets had been deeper. Gavin's making beautiful Spondonesque frames at GIA, real works of art.
  • Northwind
    Aye, I came very close to buying a mate's from his widow a while back, didn't really feel right. Kind of glad I didn't since I've not ridden my own bike since then anyway :lol:

Also, talking about motorbikes in a thread about boobs is super mega gay. Just sayin.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Kowalski675
    You started it, lol... :lol:

Not ridden mine this year either, despite the best summer we've had in years. Short of funds and been enjoying riding the MTB more anyway (I'm new to it so it's fresh and fun, where after 20 years of riding, plus the ludicrous speed is evil lunatic fringe mentality that's infected society, the motorcycling thing's just kind of stopped being fun). If you can't ride like a tw.at it's just a very expensive way of being bored. You can't go to prison for riding too fast or doing wheelies at a trail centre (not that I can ride a mountain bike fast or do pushbike wheelies anyway, lol).
  • shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    I've done 1 mile on my Aprilia in 2 years and that was down to the local MOT station and back home. I got back into mountain biking again last year and get the same if not more lunatic thrills from it. Going at 30 mph + (on the MTB) is just as much a rush as doing 100 mph + ( on track days, honest officer ) and as Kowalski675 says - no speed cameras and no cars pulling out of junctions with the excuse "Sorry mate, didn't see you". Aprilia is now up for sale.
  • Northwind
    Yeah, I was going off street riding anyway before I got back to mountain biking but I think the first time i went to glentress was basically the day motorbiking became a thing I used to do. Sad to think that though, it was my life for years really but the swelling went down.

This pic tells the tale I think... Poor thing.

7030265767_7a3efb5fda_b.jpg
    When SVOTMs get old by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

I suppose if I had like 50% more disposable income and 100% more weekends I'd still be doing it though. Maybe she'll come out again some time.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Kowalski675
    edited October 2013
    shindig wrote:
    I've done 1 mile on my Aprilia in 2 years and that was down to the local MOT station and back home. I got back into mountain biking again last year and get the same if not more lunatic thrills from it. Going at 30 mph + (on the MTB) is just as much a rush as doing 100 mph + ( on track days, honest officer ) and as Kowalski675 says - no speed cameras and no cars pulling out of junctions with the excuse "Sorry mate, didn't see you". Aprilia is now up for sale.

My extensively modded Street Triple R is an outstandingly brilliant bike, and exactly how I wanted it, after all the time and money I've spent on it, but I've got the best part of ten grand in it (if I listed all the mods at retail, rather than trade cost prices) and I've only done 2500ish miles on it in 3 years. I've ridden it three times this year (once to its first MOT and twice to the Sun Inn, total of about 100 miles. Part of that's down to lack of funds after redundancy (and the ludicrous cost of fuel - a decent Sunday ride costs over £80 just in petrol now), but more down to lack of interest - the fire's just not there anymore, and you just can't ride like we used to anymore, unless you fancy prison food. The finance is paid off in January, so it won't be costing me anything, but unless next spring brings a renaissance in my interest in riding my head tells me it's time to revert it to as close to standard spec as possible and sell it (then I could buy a shiny new mid travel trail bike...). I can keep my Bandit in the corner for the odd time I might fancy dragging it out (it'll cost peanuts to insure on its own, and at 15 years old it's not worth enough to bother selling it).
  • Kowalski675
    Northwind wrote:
    Yeah, I was going off street riding anyway before I got back to mountain biking but I think the first time i went to glentress was basically the day motorbiking became a thing I used to do. Sad to think that though, it was my life for years really but the swelling went down.

This pic tells the tale I think... Poor thing.

7030265767_7a3efb5fda_b.jpg
    When SVOTMs get old by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

I suppose if I had like 50% more disposable income and 100% more weekends I'd still be doing it though. Maybe she'll come out again some time.

Lol, at least mine are under covers. I really do need to get the 885 Speed Triple back in one piece and sold though (or break it completely and sell the parts).