Kona Honzo - Any good?

Rezza
Rezza Posts: 5
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi chaps

Been looking at a new 29er for around the £1k mark and the 2013 Kona Honzo has caught my eye. Have read the odd positive comment here and there although not much about it's 10 speed drivetrain. Sounds like it's a lot of fun if not exactly a lightweight bike. Are there any owners on here who can comment?

Also been looking at the new 2014 Canyon SLX 29 although I'd rather get one from a LBS if possible. Any other recommendations welcome!

Cheers :)

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Dunno but I was looking this too at one point - looks like a good bike for messing about on & general riding - doesn't look like a racer.Kona hardtail bikes generally handle well.

There were some deals with Genesis 29ers at Real Cycles too - good bikes.

Also look at the On One Scandal & Inbred 29er of course.

The basic Orange Clockwork too - although worse value...?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Rezza
    Rezza Posts: 5
    Thanks for that - I'll take a look at those. I'd forgotten all about On One, the Inbred looks good VFM. I'd baulk at paying the £1,600 RRP for the 2014 Honzo but with over £400 off for last years model it seems good value and the retro colour scheme takes me back to my yoof. Not much of a racer, have just sold my seven year old GT and looking for something to muck about with.