Voodoo Bizango frame size

Invader75
Invader75 Posts: 15
edited December 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a 29er. The bike I'm after is available in 18" & 20". I'm 6ft 1(isn) with an inside leg of 32".

Could anyone advise me as to which would be more suitable? Is it different as the wheels are larger?

Cheers.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sit on one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Invader75 wrote:
    Is it different as the wheels are larger?
    No.

And good luck finding a Bizango, they all seem sold out.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Must be some left - one of our FB people found one yesterday.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Obviously sitting on one is the best idea but they have none in store. They'd have to order one in. They've only got 18 or 20 available so I was wondering which one would be more suitable.

Whether they turn up is another thing but it can't hurt to try.
  • I'm 6ft & have a 18" voodoo bokor which is fine,just adjust seat to acquired height
  • Cheers. I'd read somewhere that the sizing was a bit strange with them? Would you agree?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I'm 5ft 10" and the 18" fits me ok. Nothing odd about the sizing as far as I'm concerned.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • So, do you think the 20 would be too big?
  • 97th choice
    Genuinely no idea, you've got a shorter inside leg than me, so for your height your upper body will be longer so your reach will probably be much longer. If you order one, try it in the shop and feel it's too big will they swap it?

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • 97th choice
    the voodoo aizan uses an almost identical frame if they have one of those to try.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Cheers. I'll see if they can get them first. Might be nothing more than a Voodoo Unicorn Crap. ;-)
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    @Cooldad

Must be the only one left in the world!! :lol:
  • Rezza
    Rezza Posts: 5
    Halfords in Hereford had a 20" one in stock on the shop floor last weekend - it may well now have sold now but it was good to finally see one in the flesh.
  • The one's I was told were available are Bizango 2012 models. Are they the ones in the featured article or different?
  • I am picking one up I reserved on friday in durham and was told their was only 2 left in north east
  • I'll believe it when I'm sat on one, riding away from Halfrauds. Is there a 2012 model or is that a system/employee error?
  • 97th choice
    Invader75 wrote:
    The one's I was told were available are Bizango 2012 models. Are they the ones in the featured article or different?

They are the ones from the reviews.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Cool. Might just go and get one then. If it comes off I'll post up photographic proof along with my collection of Rocking Horse crap.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    They change every 2 years so a 2012 is in effect a 2013 as well.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    Quick moan - can we stop calling it 'Halfrauds' please?

Bearing in mind they have consistently sold some of the best value entry level (and better) bikes available in the UK for the last few years the moniker just isn't appropriate or funny.
  • cooldad
    This^^^^^^^^^^^
    + many potatoes.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Fact - my buddy just reserved his one in store down this way.. photographic proof will be provided when he picks it up :D
  • Jeeeez! Didn't realise there were forum Police on the prowl. My apologies, i shall refrain from being rude about them
  • cooldad
    It's just a bit old, no longer funny and rather insulting - who have they actually defrauded?

The sell some dross, but also some excellent bikes at excellent prices.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I suspect its too later but I just saw this - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/22-off- ... ds-1603626

I wish I had before I got my Bizango - would have got another few quid off it on top of the British Cycling 10%
  • I snapped up a 20" Bizango from Malvern last week and as a 6'3" I think the 20" is probably just about right for me but I haven't ridden a bike in over five years and always favoured smaller frames due to a riding BMX for a while.

When I ordered my Voodoo a fortnight ago there was Bizangos in stock at Redditch which is where my bike was shipped from to Malvern.
  • So you'd say 20" would be too big for me? 6ft1, 32" leg.
  • Invader75 wrote:
    So you'd say 20" would be too big for me? 6ft1, 32" leg.

It is hard to be precise as everyone has personal preference but it does feel a large bike. I was surprised when I jumped on having bought blind.

When I went on a ride with a friend who is 5'11" - 6' he mentioned that it would be a bit too big for him.

Depending how flush you are feeling I would be tempted to put the minimal deposit down (£10 I paid) and order both the medium and large bikes and pick the most comfortable/suitable.

Sorry I can't be of more help but with this being my first full sized bike for ten years it is hard to give a definite answer.
  • Invader75 wrote:
    So you'd say 20" would be too big for me? 6ft1, 32" leg.

It is hard to be precise as everyone has personal preference but it does feel a large bike. I was surprised when I jumped on having bought blind.

When I went on a ride with a friend who is 5'11" - 6' he mentioned that it would be a bit too big for him.

Depending how flush you are feeling I would be tempted to put the minimal deposit down (£10 I paid) and order both the medium and large bikes and pick the most comfortable/suitable.

Sorry I can't be of more help but with this being my first full sized bike for ten years it is hard to give a definite answer.

Good idea. Cheers for the tip