Fox 2013 Evolution Series Voluntary Recall

cooldad
cooldad Posts: 32,599
edited October 2013 in MTB general
Should probably be in the locked thingy above but...

Voluntary Model Year 2013 32 and 34 Evolution Series forks with 120mm – 160mm of travel with an open cartridge damper

FOX, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has initiated a voluntary upgrade program isolated to certain 2013 Evolution Series forks manufactured between March 1, 2012 and November 30, 2012.

http://www.ridefox.com/content.php?c=recall#recallinfo
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Then I couldn't say, should have bought some RS.
  • Then I couldn't say, should have bought some RS.

What the magical Pike that develops a knocking and RS have been replacing in the USA?
  • Strange they call it voluntary, then go on to say you should not ride the bike if you have one?
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • bigpee
    bigpee Posts: 205
    Mojo have been very helpful with this so far. My fork is one of those effected (came with a Norco Sight), and Mojo have arranged collection pretty much next day. Waiting to see what they're like when I get them back but imagine it wouldn't be any worse. I don't know how serious it is but when I told Mojo I was off to Coed y Brenin first (prior to being fixed by them) they didn't seem at all concerned.
    Current bikes:
    Norco Sight 3 SE (on order)
    Specialized Allez 2010

Old bikes:
    Commencal META 55 custom build (Stolen :( )
    Boardman HT Comp 2010
    GT Avalance 1.0 2006(ish)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Strange they call it voluntary, then go on to say you should not ride the bike if you have one?

Well they can't demand you send the fork back, but they can tell you that they think it is unsafe.