Mid-Week Wednesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Very late night last night for me. As a result, I'm farking knackered this morning. As I got in the car to come home yesterday, the radio announed who had won Great British Bake Off. Needless to say, much swearing and cursing occured as I'd recorded it :evil:

Today, nothing much is happening that I can think of. A few setups to do, that's about it. My boss seems quite pleased with how I've dealt with things whilst she was away so all is good in da hood.

Later is Operation Tidy Up. My house is a tip!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Knackered :(

First proper night of study after work for 6mths and I'm already shouting at the leftie biased rubbish in the material - going to be a long year till the finish.

Bright side, as I'm off on Friday and Monday - today is closer to the w.end than normal :) also current wife has booked us into a nice hotel on Friday night which has a cocktail deal on and steak and wine - it's going to be messy

Laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    MORNING BUMDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My tooth isn't hurting!!! On the downside I can barely open my jaw enough to get a finger in my mouth and my neck hurts, swallowing and breathing are a bitch. I will however be playing hockey today as I can fit a gumshield in my mouth, figured it can't do any harm. I mean last time I was in this state I spent 4 hours riding (and crashing) a bike up and downs some very steep hilly things in Wales and that didn't do me much harm, not in terms of my dental issues anyway.

I'm on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics though which are a definite no drinking, not that it's a bad thing as a) I'm broke, b) the dentist suspects alcohol is behind the re-infection and c) it's serious study/revision time so the drugs give me a good excuse to be boring :D

TTFN
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Well, yesterday turned out to be an absolute sh*t of a day. The elfin safety muppets in here just do my head in. No understanding of what my department does but they sit back in their ivory towers dictating how I should do it. Then they move the goalpost and then move them again. :evil:

I get the feeling that today will be heading the same way. On the plus side I have a double session of badminton lined up after work. :D On the down side I have a later finish tonight because I ran away early yesterday. :(

Today is going to require a lot of caffeine and tongue biting.

Later......
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Day off for me, so will be spending half the day at work as my boss is visiting. To say we have a pisspoor relationship would be an understatement. Much awkwardness shall ensue!

Laterz
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I've got done 5 hours of work in an hour and a half and the boss isn't in so it means I can do nothing til lunch time.

just had a phone call from the guy who's renting my house to say a bit of the ceiling has fallen down.....I hope it's not too bad, it sounds like it's just the architrave (sp?) but i'll see later :?

other than that, I want to win th elottery and fark off and live somewhere hot.

laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola,

Back in the office after a few days off and free lunch today is truly terrible, Yet i hear while i was off they had full beef roast and yorkshire pud... they need to swap the days of the awful food.

in other news. not alot :)
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening twerps

Day of blah as per but have blagged myself a stack for the weekend starting tomorrow lunchtime so i can deliver some spares to a location quite close to my home. It means taking a car from work so saving some miles on my motor! SUCCESS!

Toodle pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Evening Cunnilinguists :)

Better day at work today so off home to find something to drink while watching yet more footy. Had to rebook my next DH session in Welshland which is now 5 weeks away - bummer. Must find more excuses for next year...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Work is Farking busy. Not quite as bad as last week, but still.
    In other news flights and whatnot are booked for Christmas, which is nice.

Currently on a massive sugar crash after going on a bit of a cake-bender today.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Evening Freaks!

Today has sucked massively. Those of you strange enough to follow (or stalk) me on Facebook will know that the C2 cut out on the way to work this morning and the diagnosis is that the cam belt's snapped. Good news is that there was no loud 'pinging' from the engine, so here's hoping the damage isn't too bad. The Cams look okay and are still in one piece. Got too dark to take any more of the engine apart. Looks like I'll be teaching myself to rebuild engines once I come back from China.

All this chaos on the way to work meant I missed a very important breakfast meeting. Although I should clarify, it's the missed breakfast I'm miffed at, not really the meeting.

And, it looks like all the bits and bobs I ordered for the Coiler are now at the post office depot, which I won't be able to visit till Saturday morning.

And the French are really pi**ing me off at the moment.

The only good point today was taking another huge step forward in my Evil Minion recruitment.

I shall be spending the evening hugging my dogs.

Laters...
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    ste_t wrote:
    Morning,

Day off for me, so will be spending half the day at work as my boss is visiting. To say we have a pisspoor relationship would be an understatement. Much awkwardness shall ensue!

Only if you order chips
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg