Was Woy Wong?

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited October 2013 in The cake stop
imo its a case of nothing to see here and not worth for discussion, yet as some in the media seem to think it is lets what you lot think. i agwee with wod liddle for once in the sunday times.

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    all depends on whether you take the monkey reference to be because he is black or whether in an accurate interpretation of the joke, the monkey is the skilled worker and it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

The player himself seems happy. Muddy waters, but the joke would have no connotations if the monkey was a white person.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    You can see how it got misinterpreted - apparently he didn't tell the joke just said "feed the monkey" - then when someone said wtf he told the joke to explain the context. Either that or he really is a racist and got himself out of the biggest hole imaginable by inventing some rubbish about astronauts and monkeys.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The Sun are still mad that he got the job instead of The People's Choice 'Arry so they're stirring up a load of crap.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't know what the fuss was about - it was an albino monkey.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    The first ever monkey astronaut was Albert, a rhesus monkey, who on June 11, 1948 rode to over 63 km (39 mi) on a V2 rocket. Albert died of suffocation during the flight.

Albert was followed by Albert II who survived the V2 flight but died on impact on June 14, 1949 after a parachute failure. Albert II became the first monkey in space as his flight reached 134 km (83 mi) - past the Kármán line of 100 km taken to designate the beginning of space.

Albert III died at 35,000 feet (10.7 km) in an explosion of his V2 on September 16, 1949.

Albert IV on the last monkey V2 flight died on impact on December 8 that year after another parachute failure. His flight reached 130.6 km.

So why did they keep on picking monkeys called Albert? :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Family tradition.
    Albert said, 'My dad was an astronaut. If it was good enough for him, it is good enough for me' Besides, his dad wanted him to learn a trade.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    team47b wrote:
    The first ever monkey astronaut was Albert, a rhesus monkey, who on June 11, 1948 rode to over 63 km (39 mi) on a V2 rocket. Albert died of suffocation during the flight.

Albert was followed by Albert II who survived the V2 flight but died on impact on June 14, 1949 after a parachute failure. Albert II became the first monkey in space as his flight reached 134 km (83 mi) - past the Kármán line of 100 km taken to designate the beginning of space.

Albert III died at 35,000 feet (10.7 km) in an explosion of his V2 on September 16, 1949.

Albert IV on the last monkey V2 flight died on impact on December 8 that year after another parachute failure. His flight reached 130.6 km.

So why did they keep on picking monkeys called Albert? :shock:

Educashun, educayshaun, educashion...

You're at it again T47 - this bunch of plebs are unedu..unedew...un f*ck it - stoopid.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Is Woy Wong related to Jimmy Wong from my local Chinese take away?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • think u got the wong name.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Must have got the wong Wong then :wink:

It's when you get your Wangs and your Wongs wong that you're in trouble.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn