Stereotypical View of Non Cycling Commuters

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
The traditional image of someone commuting to work in London is:

Male wearing a bowler hat and carrying an umbrella and briefcase

The update seems to be

Male, wearing headphones, carrying a phone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other and carrying a rucksack
or
Female wearing headphones, carrying a phone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other and carrying an over sized handbag and wearing white trainers with her business clothes

For both groups, cigarette is an optional extra

Discuss
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    You arer forgetting the bags under the eyes and the general look of misery/stress/disgust that is on the face of most PT commuters.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    You arer forgetting the bags under the eyes and the general look of misery/stress/disgust that is on the face of most PT commuters.
    I wouldn't limit that to PT commuters: some of the walkers/cyclists/drivers I pass are the prime example of miserable g*ts. I also tend to be one of them when not riding. Like in the past few months. *rant over.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    Not exclusive to London though, is it?
  • I commute by bike 3-4 times per week, and by train 1-2 times per week, so am superbly positioned to offer the most erudite and well-informed comments on the above.

They're all miserable gits!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    The stereotypical commuter in the City of London is some pr*ck staring at his mobile phone stepping out right in front of me.
  • redhanded
    redhanded Posts: 139
    On the tube, the female will have headphones and will be doing her make-up so hands will be full of mirrors, lipstick etc.