Servicing Reverb

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited October 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Evening all

Anyone done it ? how hard was it on a scale of 1-10 ?

Usually keen to do stuff like this myself and fine with taking forks apart, but having looked at the SRAM vids, this looks quite hard, and easy to f*ck up

Ive had it for a good 18 months, and while there is no play in the post, it is a little slow to move both up and down now

Think it needs servicing, or just a good bleed ?

Cheers

Dan

Comments

• Seal service looks easy, but if you are going to go into the hydraulics (not actuator but damper) then there are three special tools required (although I'm sure you could work around them) and it looks fairly difficult.
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    bleed 2 out of 10

strip down/service 9 out of 10
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    I'd send to a rockshock service centre like tftuned. Far easier.
  • The basic sevice (lower post) too bad however removing the air cap on very bottom of the post should really be done with a shaft clamp on the air shaft as it's possible to mark it another clamp is a good idea to hold the lower post to undo the top cap with the wiper seal.
    Full service does need a few tools and can be a faff.
    Suspension servicing, tuning, parts, setup and race support
    Locotuning.co.uk
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Id try a bleed, if that doesn't work send it to TF tuned

http://www.tftunedshox.com/service/rockshox.aspx

£79 for a service, its not worth risking damaging a £300 seat post for is it? Especially if you're gonna get another 18 months use out of it before it needs doing again.

Most things id like to do myself, this isn't one of them. :D
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Locotuning wrote:
    The basic sevice (lower post) too bad however removing the air cap on very bottom of the post should really be done with a shaft clamp on the air shaft as it's possible to mark it another clamp is a good idea to hold the lower post to undo the top cap with the wiper seal.
    Full service does need a few tools and can be a faff.

ok cool

don't see you on here too often Simon :D

I sped up the rebound on it last night and that seems to have addressed the main issue

Still needs a service tho