Cav's glasses shop

tristanspeed
tristanspeed Posts: 3
edited October 2013 in The cake stop
This is a snap I just took at a shopping mall in Lyon. Nice to see a British cyclist promoting American glasses in France..

Comments

• Roughly translates as 'A versatility that's never before been seen'
  • Should have gone to Specsavers!
  • Why is it that those awful NHS specs us children were forced to wear in the 80s are now uber-fashionable? Is it the oddly ovalised letter O that does it?
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Guanajuato wrote:
    Why is it that those awful NHS specs us children were forced to wear in the 80s are now uber-fashionable? Is it the oddly ovalised letter O that does it?

To be honest, I think this style has become very fashionable everywhere - and yes having the Oakley branding even more so.

I think its known as 'geek chic'. I blame Heston Blumenthal and that bloke off The Gadget Show. And Wiggle, obviously.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Dont know about you but I had to wear the round mad professor specs as a child!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Guanajuato wrote:
    Why is it that those awful NHS specs us children were forced to wear in the 80s are now uber-fashionable? Is it the oddly ovalised letter O that does it?

The wire NHS glasses I wore as akid in the '60s are certainly not fashionable. Even less so the patch i had to wear over my 'good' eye. :cry:
  • This is a snap I just took at a shopping mall in Lyon. Nice to see a British cyclist promoting American glasses in France..

Sir, sir can I be uber nerdy. Oakley is owned by Luxottica so technically it's a British cyclist promoting Italian sunglasses in France :wink:
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'