Look 675

K9KEF
K9KEF Posts: 11
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Evening all,

I've been looking for a new bike now for a few weeks and yesterday I had a ride on
Look 675 and it was very nice. Any one on here have one ? also a new model is becoming
available, a light version with a 1.5K carbon ? would it be worth the wait for that.

I'd really like to here from over owners.

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    The Light is available now, actually, looks very nice too. Don't think you'll find many owners on here, but i could be wrong.
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    The brother-in-law of one of our club members came on our run out yesterday and he was on one.

I didn't get much time to speak to him but he told me it was the best bike he'd ever had !!!
    It was white, red & black with Ultegra 10 speed and had Ksyrium Elites on it and he's had it
    around 10 months, so not sure which one it was.

Hope this helps a little......
  • copper585
    copper585 Posts: 141
    Been looking at these also the new models now have the new di2 with internal battery. Not had chance to test ride one as would require a fair drive to nearest dealer. Would love to read a real world review tho if anyone got one.
  • They are beautiful bikes and id love to own one, want to try and get a frameset.
    He red and white one that is ten months old is the 2013 model, the newer ones have different graphics but still look stunning. Hopefully this time next year!
  • rokt
    After seeing a Look 675 out on the road last week and with me being in the market for
    a new bike, I went to have a look at one.

I've been looking for a titanium bike but have been unable to make my mind up on
    which one, but once I set my eyes on the 675 in the showroom, had a test ride and
    managed to get a very good discount I simply could not leave without it....

So I'm now the proud owner/rider of a Look 675...I'll post some pictures when it stops
    raining as I'm not getting her wet :D
  • How much discount did you get and on what group set?
  • rokt
    I looked a both the white, red & black 2013 model, the 3k carbon with aluminium liners in the
    headset & BB along with Ultegra 10 speed. I also looked at the 2014 model, this was a grey ish
    colour with the new 1.5k carbon and no aluminium liners, all compressed carbon. This saves around
    200g ?? and comes with Ultegra 11 speed.

I looked long and hard at both bikes and the only thing I don't like on both is the Ultegra chain set,
    I think it's quite ugly.

In the end I went for the 2013 model as I liked the colour better, it was much cheaper and I'm not that
    bothered by 11 speed and I liked the idea of the liners to and some strength to the bike in that area.

I've got a mate selling a new carbon FSA chain set that I'm going to buy from him to replace the
    Ultegra one. I managed to get the bike for £2800 + £175 for the FSA. The 2014 model with in the
    same spec was £3800.00

Let's hope I picked the right one !!!!
  • copper585
    copper585 Posts: 141
    Good price where did you buy from? Yes when you get chance let us know how it rides particularly interested on long rides and over typical British crap roads!
  • That's a really good price, where did you get it from? Just for reference of course
  • giant_man
    Sounds like it could be the heavier model, the original 675, I'm wondering if it was from Epic ...
  • rokt
    It's the 2013 model and it came from Royles.

I'll get some pictures posted and let you all
    know on the ride. I've just had a 15 mile ride
    this lunch time over some sh*t roads and WOW....

more to follow.
  • I hate you
  • peteone
    peteone Posts: 152
    Did you get the black label version then?

I need one :)
    Cervelo R3
    Giant TCR SL
    Ibis Tranny
  • rokt
    The black label version ?????
  • peteone
    peteone Posts: 152
    Its Just what they call the black version. I saw one recently in the flesh kitted with full DA, very nice. The new light version looks the nuts too.

look-675-black-13-1000.jpg
    Cervelo R3
    Giant TCR SL
    Ibis Tranny
  • giant_man
    The colourways on the 675 are really limited imo, with the 695 you get so much more choice. Have to say, I was never keen on the 'black label' version above. But that's probably just me ...
  • I have ordered the Look 675 Light from Epic, Seems that the white, red and black version hasn't even come into the country yet (UK), have had it on order since the end of September, Can not wait though. Everyone I have spoken to about the 675 on the Look Facebook pages says it is amazing. Shimano DA 9000 groupset apart from the cassette, which will be Ultegra as the report on the DA one is that it is noisy under load, with Shimano DA 9000 c35 wheels finishing off the running gear
  • giant_man
    the grey one is nicer imo, congrats on your choice. you didn't ride one at Epic? Not even the older, heavier version?

You should have a word with Rokt, he bought one.
  • K9KEF
    Well I've been out this morning and purchased my new bike, a Look 675 Black White Red
    frameset with a Look carbon seat post. I'm now going to spend a few hours and a few quid
    on the rest of the bits I need, 3T ErgoNova Pro bars, 3T Accelero 40 Team Stealth wheelset
    & Sram Red. The only thing I'm not sure on is the saddle, but I'm sure I'll find something.

I have the frameset and hope the rest should be delivered by the end of the week so I can get
    it all built up over the Christmas holiday. I'll post photos when she's built, happy days......
  • rokt
    Bloody hell that all sounds very nice and expensive.......l can't wait to see it built up :D
  • rokt
    How did the 675 build go ? would love to see some photo's... :D
  • K9KEF
    The build is going O.K., the frame has the bars attached and the wheels on and that's about it. I got DA 9000 group set and not Sram Red as I originally wanted as I got an amazing deal on the Dura Ace.

The build came to a standstill just before Christmas as my wife my has had a cancer scare. Hopefully she'll get the all clear in the next few weeks and I'll then get back on with finishing it.

I will post photo's when it's built.
  • rokt
    Sorry to hear about your wife, I do hope all turns out ok for you both.

I'll not ask about the bike again but hopefully when we see pictures posted on the
    forum all turned out O.K.

All the very best.