£1000 budget for trail riding

scribbledogg
scribbledogg Posts: 20
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
I've got £1000 available for HT for trail riding. The new Boardman pro looks nice value for money with the Reba shocks, but any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Anyone?

I know its been done to death, but its quite difficult when you dont know anyone in the 'know'. A couple of bikes ive seen are online, which i know is dicey.

I think I may have changed my mind regarding the Boardman as from what i read alot of people still prefer 26in wheels as it makes the ride faster and bike more nimble, which i like! And quite frankly I dont want to like it in the shop, and then find 10min into a trail I hate it!

A couple i have seen that, I think look good for the money are:

On-one 456 Evo2

Ragley Marley

commencal supernormal
    (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/comm ... -prod83501)

Apart from that, my head is buzzing!!!!

Can anyone help a damsel in distress??? :oops:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It has been done to death a bit, so if you do a forum search you'll see the dozens of random answers, and be even more confused.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Lol...thanks....forum search done to death.....i think ill drink vodka instead :)
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    If you are a real damsel you may want to look at Women's specific mountain bikes.

My wife recently bought a Trek Mynx SL reduced a lot in the sales as she did not want big wheels and was after a comfortable XC bike. After test riding a few bikes this was one she really liked. She had tried small men's bikes but did not like the lack of stand over height. There are plenty of others to try.

Best thing to do is make a list and do some test rides :)
  • May still find supplies of 26 inch Boardman via halfords . If so it's a cracking bike.