Scott Genius LT

Pashley 24Mhz
Pashley 24Mhz Posts: 57
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
Thinking about selling my M6 for a mor playfull bike, like my 2007 SX Trail used to be... Damn I miss that thing.

Was thinking about a 2014 Scott Genius LT 720 http://www.scott-sports.com/global/e...nius-lt-720-m/

Main goal is to use it as a playbike to visit bikeparks with. So my question is, how does this thing ride downhill with the new Fox rear shock? Can it be compared to the Sx Trail?

Any experiences?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The 2011 bike I tried had quite steep geometry. Certainly nothing like a sx trail. How about a Nukeproof Mega?
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    The 2011 bike I tried had quite steep geometry. Certainly nothing like a sx trail. How about a Nukeproof Mega?

Another vote for the Mega AM
    Your budget based on the cost of the Scott would get you a very nice bike with the Mega frame
  • Well, I can get a nice discount... It would be, go for the scott, or keep my M6
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Keep the M6
  • You can Get a healthy discount - which probably means you work for a Scott dealer or know someone who does? Ask your Rep or your friend to ask their Rep if they can get a demo for you and take it to wales for the weekend. They may not have the "tuned" version but I'm sure they'll have the 710 or 720.
    The Scotts are quick, really quick. Whoever said something about 2011 version may not realize this is a completely different bike. I have been playing on the 2013 Genius 720 and love it. Not as playful as my Commencal but faster uphills and once you get used to it as quick downhills. (but we all know speed is about the rider ;) )

The LT is slacker and naturally going to be more playful on the downhills.