DX.com Issues

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited November 2013 in MTB general
Afternoon all

Ordered a Magicshine light off these guys on the 4th

The tracking is saying that the package has been delivered and signed for by someone in China (Shenzhan)

I've used these guys before without issue

Have raised with their customer service team

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else ?

Cheers

DCR

Comments

• I think... may be wrong... that they get "signed" onto a pallet before it goes onto a ship. One of the DX offices is in Shenzhan.
  • If you ordered if on the 4th, you've probably got at least another 3 weeks to wait before it turns up.
  • DCR00
    So quick update

After trying to get a straight answer out of someone at DX, i have escalated this to a claim through PayPal

Despite speaking to their "Customer Service" people on webchat 3 times, and raising a "ticket" with them, i still dont know where my package is. Furthermore, on the order tracking section of the website, under my order number, they appeared to have ordered another light on the 22nd, only the status now says "pending payment".

This says to me that they lost the 1st one and now they are trying to order another

Given the lack of explanation, ive had no option but to raise with PayPal, so hopefully with their intervention, i can get my money back
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Shopping from China is fun.
    As NM says, it will probably arrive in a month or so.
    In fact you'll probably get your money back off Paypal, then three will arrive.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DCR00
    The frustrating thing is I've used these guys before without issue

Not sure I will use them again
  • cooldad
    Lots of hassles with China post at the moment.
    They've started x raying every single package that leaves China, so there was (is?) a massive backlog.,
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I bought magic shine torches from dx, the parcel they sent in was so flimsy it burst and I lost one in transit... the less bright one and batteries chargers brackets came but the brightest one was lost (got the package and bits in a Royal Mail ziplock)

their customer service was poor, I never got the replacement... caveat emptor

you can get stuff from their UK warehouses if you request the specific items using the UK based SKU code on the order, not quite figured out how this works tho
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I spend a lot of time in China - and I know Shenzhen well. Lohu market and the electronics market sell fake stuff - all of it is fake - some of it - like pills is dangerous and fake. These markets are bigger than Covent Garden - or the Arndale Centre for you northeners! All the clothing is just similar material made is a sweat shop, the phones contain reject quality baseband chips and hooky components bought from the same suppliers to Apple and so on.
    All the fake stuff is fragile and needs to be priced accordingly. There is no value added in buying from China unless you go there and haggle them to death for their fake stuff.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    FishFish wrote:
    . There is no value added in buying from China unless you go there and haggle them to death for their fake stuff.

so are you saying the 2 DX torches that I use for night riding (and have done for the last 2 years) weren't a value buy at £8 each? :?
  • cooldad
    I also think he misses the point that most of the stuff for sale here is Chinese, just imported by someone else.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • DCR00
    Quick update

DX have finally responded to both me and PayPal. They are only just now contacting the postal company about the missing parcel.

They have said they need 2 days to investigate....
  • DCR00
    Final update

DX claim that the parcel was returned to them, which from the tracking info, seems like BS to me

So the upside is that i asked for a refund and they have given me one

Just a shame that it took so long for them to pull their finger out and sort this. I wont be using them again.

Cheers

DCR
  • ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    cooldad wrote:
    Lots of hassles with China post at the moment.
    They've started x raying every single package that leaves China, so there was (is?) a massive backlog.,

Yup^

My bike lights were rejected by customs because of the lithium batteries
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    There's plenty of other places on eBay now jumping on the bandwagon. I ordered a new battery for my magic shine the other day from a uk seller. Arrived 2 days later.
  • DCR00
    So in a twist of events, said light was delivered two days ago...

The packing note says it was sent out on the 1st Nov, which is the day I was given the refund.

I emailed them yesterday to tell them it was here and that they could have it back (since in hindsight I probably wouldn't use it enough)

They wrote back this morning saying not to worry about it :D

Free light. Result.