Silly Question?

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited October 2013 in The cake stop
Forgive me if this is a really silly or dumb question but it's been puzzling me. I heard Stephen Hawking this week, and listening to 'his' voice, which is very cleverly computer generated I wondered if his voice has copyright to it. Could anybody for example use his voice to advertise a product without his permission but without necessarily claiming to be Stephen Hawking himself? As it's computer generated wouldn't anyone be able to use it. I don't have anything to advertise and have no intention of using his voice, just curious.

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Couldnt he have picked a better one?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    That's ironic coming from you. :wink:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Pink Floyd have not been the same since he left.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Forgive me, but I think the bloke is nothing special. He is fully signed up to the big bang theory.

It is cosmological heresy to believe in anything else. As a research institute, you are less likely to get funding if you do not support the big bang theory.

On the OP: Why don't you adopt a deep French accent and get laid more often?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Forgive me, but I think the bloke is nothing special. He is fully signed up to the big bang theory.

Most physicists agree that the Big Bang theory is the most likely theory to explain the existence of the universe. But it's still only a theory, and could be overtaken by better theories, just like the earth being the centre of the universe was superceeded by later theories. And he has been pretty instrumental in the field of Black Holes, he's 'nothing special' in the same way Einstein was 'only a patent clerk'.
  • Forgive me, but I think the bloke is nothing special. He is fully signed up to the big bang theory.

Have heard he speaks very highly of you old chap - well at least his computer does anyway! :wink: