Why no hybrid section?

naughtyvicar
naughtyvicar Posts: 22
As a dedicated hybrid boy, there seems to be no home on this forum or even in the mags for me.

I love my bike, I tend to do 30 mile rides at a time, but don't want a drop handle bar bike. Don't want to clip my feet in, or dress up like a highlighter pen or pay SKY to advertise for them.

I know I am not alone out there. I don't fit into commuter as it is a pleasure only experience for me, and I tend to stick to cycle paths/networks where possible.

Hybrids of the world unite!

Comments

• That told me :|
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Fair point actually, I'm sure there are a lot more people ride hybrids than admit to it in the road or commuting forums, as it usually results in scorn or wee wee taking by the lycra crowd.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    In my opinion, riding a bike is well riding a bike, don't matter what you ride as long as you do!

Same as there is no trike, recumberant, tandem, BMX, Fixed wheel, touring bike or track bike section etc., all bikes have round wheels and are a form of transport, can't see the point in a hybrid section.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Velonutter wrote:
    In my opinion, riding a bike is well riding a bike, don't matter what you ride as long as you do!

Same as there is no trike, recumberant, tandem, BMX, Fixed wheel, touring bike or track bike section etc., all bikes have round wheels and are a form of transport, can't see the point in a hybrid section.

er - there is a track section?
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Imposter wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:

Er, I said Track Bike not track :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Velonutter wrote:

So why do we have separate road and MTB sections?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:

So why do we have separate road and MTB sections?

Can you imagine cruders and BB'ers having to permanently mix :shock:

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Velonutter wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:

Er, I said Track Bike not track :roll:

Well, if you take a look in there, you will see plenty of discussion on track bikes, not unreasonably. It's a pity you couldn't have just said 'fair comment' and left it at that.... :roll:
  • If you are riding on the road then you post in the roads section, if you are riding off road you post in the MTB section.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    If you are riding on the road then you post in the roads section, if you are riding off road you post in the MTB section.

What if you ride an MTB on the Road?
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Navrig wrote:
    If you are riding on the road then you post in the roads section, if you are riding off road you post in the MTB section.

What if you ride an MTB on the Road?

He already said.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    The problem is perhaps that posting anything to do with hybrids on the road section solicits nothing but people telling you that you should hate your bike and made a mistake buying a bike that didnt have drop bars. You are generally made to feel unwelcome and/or stupid.
  • What if you ride your road bike off road and on road on the same ride? Does that mean you have to double post everything?
  • What if you ride your road bike off road and on road on the same ride? Does that mean you have to double post everything?

Yes.