Is Roy Hodgson Racist?

2»

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    So am I correct in thinking that the only ones in the dressing room at half time would have been manager, staff and players? Therefore presumably one of the above brought this up. Which suggests to me that the England camp is not such a harmonious place...

Scuse me if I'm being thick or have missed bits of this story
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Mikey23 wrote:
    So am I correct in thinking that the only ones in the dressing room at half time would have been manager, staff and players? Therefore presumably one of the above brought this up. Which suggests to me that the England camp is not such a harmonious place...

Correct.
    According to the editor, it was a player.
    I would look at the players not picked, or those played out of their favourite position, or those that got a rollicking for their first half performance. Basically someone in the huff. I find it hard to believe that somebody was that offended.
    And if they were, why not raise it at the time?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Mikey23 wrote:

Or maybe somebody in the dressing room relayed the half time talk to a third party who then decided that in their narrow minded world the word monkey always has to be offensive, add that together to their hidden agenda and well...the old current bun couldn't resist it.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Well the little monkey ...
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    So basically, RH is no racist. The Society of Black Lawyers are over reacting again (is this same guy not complaining about spurs fans and their use of a certain word?). And there is a snake in the grass?

Damn, i still hate international football as much as i thought. Roll on the proper games tomorrow.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    The truth is Roy Hodgson is in absolutely no way a racist, he is a decent bloke, (if a tad dull) the word racist just isn't in his vocabulawy.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Its not racist use the word "monkey" to describe a monkey.
  • First.Aspect
    Is this man racist?

_58801061_58793099.jpg
  • First.Aspect
    Should this place be shut down?

monkey-world-intro.jpg
  • First.Aspect
    Should this tool be re-branded?

Treaded-Digging-Spade_large.jpg

Or is all of this an absurd distraction?
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Sewinman wrote:
    Imagine if there was a White Lawyers Society. He should look at his own organisation for a bit of racism.

Wait..... You're actually serious?

What kind of comment is that?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Its not racist use the word "monkey" to describe a monkey.

Pisses chimps and gorillas off no end though.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!