Reflective waterproof backpack cover

mcowan77
mcowan77 Posts: 560
edited October 2013 in Commuting general
Any recommendations?
Is the aldi one any good?
cheers

Comments

• I've got the Aldi one (crane, reflective silver) and it's worked fine so far, but there haven't been any serious downpours since I've had it. It's also very reflective so I leave it on my bag for the extra visibility.

It's been pretty much perminantly on my bag for a couple of months and is showing no signs of wear (no letters rubbing off etc.) which is a good sign, and waterproof bag covers shouldn't let water through unless they're ripped (unlike waterproof clothing they don't need to be breathable so are far easier to make bag covers actually waterproof).
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Deuters one that usually comes with the bag but could possibly be bought separate is perfect. Nothing gets through.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    I've got the Aldi one (crane, reflective silver) and it's worked fine so far, but there haven't been any serious downpours since I've had it. It's also very reflective so I leave it on my bag for the extra visibility.

It's been pretty much perminantly on my bag for a couple of months and is showing no signs of wear (no letters rubbing off etc.) which is a good sign, and waterproof bag covers shouldn't let water through unless they're ripped (unlike waterproof clothing they don't need to be breathable so are far easier to make bag covers actually waterproof).

I have the yellow one. Other than being dirty, it's still in great condition. My local Aldi have the yellow and silver reduced to around a fiver from today, might go back tomorrow and get a silver one