Broke my new shoes/cleats

Cupras
Cupras Posts: 145
edited October 2013 in Road beginners
I purchased some shimano 105 pedals 2 weeks ago. I fitted the pedals and the cleats to some brand new shimano shoes I bought at the same time (different shop).
I fitted the cleats and have ridden around 150 miles but 2 of the bolts on the right foot have sheered off losing the rectangular parts that hold the screw to the shoe.
Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase the bolts and the little rectangular pieces of metal too as I think that will be cheaper than paying the shipping of sending the pedals back.
I could also change cleats to some red ones I have been eying up but I was hoping to get more than 2 weeks out of the new ones.

Comments

• Bookwyse
    Bookwyse Posts: 245
    Drop me a pm with your address and I'll post some bolts and plates out to you.

Jeff
  • Offers like this always make me glad to be a member of the human race - well done that man!
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    I lost a couple of screws out of my first set of Look cleats and a mate gave me some. I now keep a stock of spares just in case.
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    Good on you Bookwyse.

Cupras - Sounds like you did the bolts up too tight and they cracked under the pressure (I've done it, the head fails at the top of the bolt/bottom of the allen key hole).
  • johnmiosh
    johnmiosh Posts: 211
    You always get bolts with new cleats. You will not always need new replacements. When you next replace the cleats, save the old bolts.
  • nort757
    nort757 Posts: 104
    I've got some spares too if you need them,pm me if needed,i carry a spare with me now as you never know
    chris
  • Cupras
    Cupras Posts: 145
    Thanks for the offer Bookwyse and Nort757. Very nice of you both but it turns out when I left my shoes on my radiator airing thing to dry after commuting in the rain that's when the bolts had snapped so I found the square washers and I got some screws from my LBS.
    Cheers