Rather interesting device - kickstarter

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
https://www.dragoninnovation.com/projec ... 175504#_=_

Quite like it and pondering a nudge in. (so to speak)
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    It looks to me like a solution looking for a problem.

I fail to see that it adds anything worthwhile to using either a Garmin type device or using your mobile phone.

What it does do is to require you to use your phone and therefore flatten its battery as well as carrying this device round.

The marketing makes it sound slick, but scrape away the sales patter and I struggle to see what it adds at all that is beneficial to a cyclist
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Looks interesting if you use your phone for a lot of navigation around well mapped areas. I sue mine for recording where I have been, speed achieved and time recording. Not much use to me but I'm sure a simple way of protecting phone while navigating is not a bad idea.

Question really is how many people cycle really cycle new routes planned and mapped on a regular basis?
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    If it costs less than £30 and can upload directly from ridewithgps (or similarly easy to use cycling route planner) and have it act as a navigation beacon and secondary GPS receiver meaning I don't have to stop, get the phone e out and check the map then great, might buy one.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    If it costs less than £30 and can upload directly from ridewithgps (or similarly easy to use cycling route planner) and have it act as a navigation beacon and secondary GPS receiver meaning I don't have to stop, get the phone e out and check the map then great, might buy one.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.