Budget CX wheels

rossgalway
rossgalway Posts: 43
edited October 2013 in Cyclocross
Hi, just bought my first cx bike (second hand) and would like a new set of wheels. Any recommendations? I'm 85 kgs and will be using them for road and cx races. I have mavic askiums on my road bike which have give no bother in 4 years but are these strong enough for cx racing. Cheers

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    If you want them for CX then these would be awesome: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=621 especially if wanting to run tubeless.

Wont run high enough pressure on those rims for proper road use though.
  • rossgalway wrote:
    Hi, just bought my first cx bike (second hand) and would like a new set of wheels. Any recommendations? I'm 85 kgs and will be using them for road and cx races. I have mavic askiums on my road bike which have give no bother in 4 years but are these strong enough for cx racing. Cheers

I bought a 2nd hand Tricross, the stock wheels were very heavy, swapped them for my old road Aksiums, so far so good! I did a 70mile flatish off road ride with them and still good and true.

Unless you were very heavy, and hitting lump and bumps hard you should be fine.
  • I have used RS80s for the last two season so Askiums should easily be up to the job, just depends on how lucky or clumsy you are