2013 Off-Season Doping Latrine: Share your incontinence here

2»

Comments

• Ignoring the fact that not mentioning doping on a thread specifically about David Millar wouldn't merely ignore the elephant in the room but manage to ignore an elephant that David Millar himself had painted in a day-glo argyle pattern and ridden around the room whilst waving his blue-painted backside in the air for the entire evening, surely the logical conclusion of this thread is to be diverted away from cycling at every opportunity.

Thus, I offer a rather nice portrait of Luis Leon Sanchez's brother in the Guardian today -http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/21/getafe-pedro-leon. Nothing to do with cycling, you understand, but nice nonetheless.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Ignoring the fact that not mentioning doping on a thread specifically about David Millar wouldn't merely ignore the elephant in the room but manage to ignore an elephant that David Millar himself had painted in a day-glo argyle pattern and ridden around the room whilst waving his blue-painted backside in the air for the entire evening, surely the logical conclusion of this thread is to be diverted away from cycling at every opportunity.

Thus, I offer a rather nice portrait of Luis Leon Sanchez's brother in the Guardian today -http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/21/getafe-pedro-leon. Nothing to do with cycling, you understand, but nice nonetheless.

Pedro_Luis_Leon.jpg
  • FocusZing
    edited November 2013
    Deleted.
  • FocusZing
    edited November 2013
    Deleted.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    rayjay wrote:
    Just got back from the ballet, talk about strong athletes. Amazing.
    Now, here we go. I never said he that he said that from his book. I just mentioned that I read his book . Your wrong .
    The radio interview was a while back. I cannot remember what station it was. I was in New York at the time just going through some stations. It did sound like the BBC though. If I am wrong I am happy to admit I am wrong. If you can prove it.
    Once again I ask you to prove me wrong on any of the posts I made?
    Check out the ballet if you get a chance. they are awesome athletes. Im off to Japan for a few days. I will try and reply to your reply if I get a chance, even the haters make me laugh :wink:

chow

Hey guys, he likes ballet, he has been to New York, and he is going to Japan. What a windswept and interesting guy, ergo he must be right.
    I am going to Blackpool at the weekend will that make me big and clever as well? :roll:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    For someone who travels a lot, his italian is pretty poor too...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    ddraver wrote:
    For someone who travels a lot, his italian is pretty poor too...

It's New Yoik speak for food innit?
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Thanks for your kind words :lol::lol::lol:
    I think Greg LeMond is talking out of his back area.
    He should name his top 30 riders from that era who he thinks would beat LA clean. That would be interesting.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    rayjay wrote:
    Thanks for your kind words :lol::lol::lol:
    I think Greg LeMond is talking out of his back area.
    He should name his top 30 riders from that era who he thinks would beat LA clean. That would be interesting.
    Blimey. I agree with you. Please don't do that again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    At least Lance wore black shorts with his WC jersey, hes got a +1 from me for that.
  • The Chicken has a book coming out next month. Which is nice.

A little taster's hitting the Danish press tomorrow it seems.

Advance word is of Riis witnessing him and others doping whilst on CSC, and of Nicki Sorensen getting a touch of the Alan Titchmarshs and burying EPO in his garden.

Can't wait.

EDIT

Aaand here's the link to the story this morning
    http://m.bt.dk/?article=27334403-Dybt-r ... -og-bedrag
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Doping, the gift that keeps on giving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24730151
  • dougzz wrote:
    Doping, the gift that keeps on giving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24730151

Hmm, now that is interesting about benefits of anabolic steroids for an athlete long after they've stopped, possibly even through to end of their career.

Personal trainer mate of mine's been banging on for ages that this is the case.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    I used to do be into bodybuilding about 20 years ago. I trained at what would you call a hardcore gym. You see guys who benched 150 /200lbs take a course of steroids then they would bench 300lbs or over. Once they came off the steroids they would lose some size and some strength but they were still a lot bigger and stronger than before.
    A lot of the top builders that were around and I admired at that time have died because of their use of steroids. I have got my both my young sons 6 and 10 years into Tai Tsung kung Fu, my wife even teaches part time. It has kept me on the right track for 20 years.
  • Good for you, ray.

The idea of muscle memory for bulking up faster even after stopping, makes sense. It certainly helps with regaining fitness levels (all things being equal)
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    I missed this one:
    Ryder admits EPO 10 years ago:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... e15159312/
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    BYge0VUCAAASHIz.png:large

Credit @ Dimspace
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    BYge0VUCAAASHIz.png:large

Credit @ Dimspace
    It's a load of bolloks though
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FocusZing
    edited December 2013
    Deleted.
  • ^'Gear Up'

What marketing genius came up with that one...
  • FocusZing
    ^'Gear Up'

What marketing genius came up with that one...

Apologies RR I deleted the article before your post.

home-store-st5.jpg