Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Recomend Me Bars & Stem

VandieselVandiesel Posts: 506
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
As per post really. I'd like to upgrade the bars and stem on my TCR C3 from stock to something lighter and worthy without breaking the bank!
Seen these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/3t-ergonova-pro ... dlebar/any help would be brilliant or recomendations but keep looking at the more expensive carbon upgrades available like cinelli!
Giant TCR Composite 3

Posts

  • dnwhite88dnwhite88 Posts: 285
    Unless your stem is the wrong length I wouldn't change it. Costly but pointless upgrade IMO
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • VandieselVandiesel Posts: 506
    Fancy a nicer set of bars though
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • CalpolCalpol Posts: 1,039
    dnwhite88 wrote:
    Unless your stem is the wrong length I wouldn't change it. Costly but pointless upgrade IMO
    That was my reaction too. Whats the rest of the bike spec?
  • VandieselVandiesel Posts: 506
    Calpol wrote:
    dnwhite88 wrote:
    Unless your stem is the wrong length I wouldn't change it. Costly but pointless upgrade IMO
    That was my reaction too. Whats the rest of the bike spec?

    Sun was out so rude not to!

    P1010851_zps35abd80a.jpg
    P1010849_zpsf06675a5.jpg
    P1010844_zps7a144e1c.jpg

    Ultegra and OE bars and stem
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • CalpolCalpol Posts: 1,039
    Nice bike mate. Looks really good. How about the Zipp Service course alloy bars and stem. Always gets good reviews and not too pricey. I guess it depends on what shape you like. Personally I really like my 3T Ergonova's.
  • GrillGrill Posts: 5,610
    Where's the other half of your stem?

    Go Ritchey. The C260 stem is one of the lightest on the market and stupid stiff and their bars are relatively light and won't break the bank.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • BobbinogsBobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Grill wrote:
    Where's the other half of your stem?

    Go Ritchey...

    I'm not sure that they would be able to print Ritchey on that stem, maybe just Ritc...
  • BozmanBozman Posts: 2,518
    I've just replaced a set of 3T ergonova bars with 3T team bars, the alloy bars maybe slightly heavier but they're stiffer.
    Match them with an Arx stem and bobs your uncle.
    As mentioned Ritchey are good, I used them for years until I swapped to 3T and I have to say that Ritchey make a better carbon bar but the 3T alloy bars are a better shape.
  • andy46andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I've just changed my bars and stem as my old stem was too long an I fancied some carbon bars. I went for a PRO Vibe stem with the puzzle clamp and some PRO Vibe carbon handlebars.

    I've only managed one ride since fitting thanks to the weather and catching a good dose of man-flu :(

    Don't forget to include bar tape if your on a budget, I went with Lizard Skins for a change. It's a bit pricey but I got the bars cheap so thought why not! :D
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

    2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

    2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • VandieselVandiesel Posts: 506
    andy46 wrote:
    I've just changed my bars and stem as my old stem was too long an I fancied some carbon bars. I went for a PRO Vibe stem with the puzzle clamp and some PRO Vibe carbon handlebars.

    I've only managed one ride since fitting thanks to the weather and catching a good dose of man-flu :(

    Don't forget to include bar tape if your on a budget, I went with Lizard Skins for a change. It's a bit pricey but I got the bars cheap so thought why not! :D
    Thanks mate, i'll look into these.
    Giant TCR Composite 3
Sign In or Register to comment.