R.I.P Sean Edwards

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited October 2013 in The cake stop
A good friend of mine Sean Edwards was killed in Australia whilst giving instruction on a lap. He was an absolutely fantastic driver, leading the Porsche cup with recents wins this season and about to hit the real big time. He worked on the movie Rush and was truly inspirational.

Sickened.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/moto ... --spt.html
Living MY dream.

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    It is gutting, met him once - nice chap.

Vtech, used to do a few TD's, and know a few of his friends - we probably have some mutual acquaintances.
    Insert bike here:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    VTech wrote:
    A good friend of mine Sean Edwards was killed in Australia whilst giving instruction on a lap. He was an absolutely fantastic driver, leading the Porsche cup with recents wins this season and about to hit the real big time. He worked on the movie Rush and was truly inspirational.

Sickened.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/moto ... --spt.html

Sorry to here that VTech. My thoughts are with his family
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I know people who have died too.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    MattC59 wrote:

Everyone does, just most choose not to start a discussion about it on the Internet.

Sad none the less.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    When I die I want MattC59 to say a few words on here about me.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    team47b wrote:

Let us know if you are feeling rough. Wouldn't want to miss the eulogy.

Ps When you go, can I have your bike? I am still waiting for Arran's. :cry:
  • MattC59
    Ballysmate wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Got a bit of a cold at the mo.....
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    team47b wrote:

The paint jobs fecked on his isetta :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    team47b wrote:

You be careful out there in the Warm Wet Westerlies in Winter - perfect environment for colds and flu.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • VTech
    MattC59 wrote:

Your the epitome of everything I hate in a man. You have consistently shown through various posts what a horrid little man you really are. For the sake of self worth you have no problem with upsetting others or causing trouble.

I pity you, I feel for you.
    Living MY dream.
  • pinno
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Your the epitome of everything I hate in a man. You have consistently shown through various posts what a horrid little man you really are. For the sake of self worth you have no problem with upsetting others or causing trouble.

I agree. The guy is c*nt. Personally, I think he has got gender issues.
  • ballysmate
    I think VTech loves you Matt.
  • team47b
    VTech wrote:
    Your the epitome of everything I hate in a man.

No you don't. You don't even understand what he said.
  • MattC59
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

You're thinking of someone else.
  • arran77
    Well this thread's taken an interesting turn :wink:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    No, I don't understand why he said it !
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    MattC59 wrote:

I am sorry for your loss.

Shocking that you have been abused at such a sad time.
  • team47b
    VTech wrote:
    No, I don't understand why he said it !

No we realise that you don't understand why
  • potential here...this could be a proper kicking off.

that said i feel there should be a dedicated RIP thread here, then everyone can post their condolences/eulogies/sympathies there.

it could even be a sticky. i would suggest it to those who must not be named, but i'm already on thin ice, what with my warning level jumping 100%
  • arran77
    potential here...this could be a proper kicking off.

that said i feel there should be a dedicated RIP thread here, then everyone can post their condolences/eulogies/sympathies there.

it could even be a sticky. i would suggest it to those who must not be named, but i'm already on thin ice, what with my warning level jumping 100%

You suggest it then and the first entry onto it can be RIP playing mantis :wink:

seanoconn
  • potential here...this could be a proper kicking off.

Maybe we could call it the Diana Syndrome thread for all those who feel the need for public expressions of grief of seemingly famous people they sort of know?
  • ballysmate
    So it would be RIP, the people's mantis ?
  • yeah but i would rise lazarus like when its over so that wouldn't work...can you get permanently ripped from here or is only ever temps? someone try maybes?

i got banned from the essex cricket forum a fair few times when the club hosted it, the see you next tuesdays even blocked my works ip address somehow!
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    So it would be RIP, the people's mantis ?

:(
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    yeah but i would rise lazarus like when its over so that wouldn't work...can you get permanently ripped from here or is only ever temps? someone try maybes?

i got banned from the essex cricket forum a fair few times when the club hosted it, the see you next tuesdays even blocked my works ip address somehow!

A few of us got permanent bans last week!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pross wrote:
    yeah but i would rise lazarus like when its over so that wouldn't work...can you get permanently ripped from here or is only ever temps? someone try maybes?

Yup, another Lazarus here 8)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Yup, another Lazarus here 8)

I didn't, I feel left out :roll:

seanoconn
  • Pross wrote:

Me too, what was that all about? Didn't last very long though.

As for Sean Edwards, seems like a nice guy, and very sad, but nice guys do die every day unfortunately.....
  • pinno
    The good die young. That's why this lot will live forever: MattC59, Seantheconn, T47b, Daviesee, dmclite, playi...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    yes it is sad when a friend is suddenly taken. thoughts with family and friends. at least he died doing what he loved