Winter Events In The Teesside Area?

suzygarbo
suzygarbo Posts: 52
edited October 2013 in Road beginners
Hi I'm fairly new to road biking and was wondering if there was anything in my area over the winter period that I could get involved in? Preferably in Stockton or Middlesbrough? Someone mentioned that the Middlesbrough Cycle Centre do race nights but I cannot find anything on the Internet. I have invested in a spinning bike for when there's snow but was hoping that everything outdoors wouldn't stop once winter arrived.

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    If you are looking for racing then you could try the Velo29 Winter Series. See here for details about the racing at Croft circuit near Darlington.
  • Phil562
    Phil562 Posts: 73
    I know that Cleveland Wheelers train at the centre on Monday or Wednesday nights and Stockton Wheelers on a Tuesday night, I'd check their respective Facebook pages.........or why not try the Sunday morning club rides with the Stockton Wheelers, they are great fun with groups for all abilitys, details on their website and even better you can give them a go without joining ..... So there free ;-)
  • Look for the Cycling Development North East facebook pages. Best place for anything going on in the area.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Look for the Cycling Development North East facebook pages. Best place for anything going on in the area.

Nothing on there.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    http://www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/index.a ... cleid=1696

Racing could be over for this year but coaching starts at the cycle centre on Thursday 3rd November. Might even try to go myself this year.
  • Cupras
    Cupras Posts: 145
    Wow that looks pretty good. I'm off the bike for 4 weeks but cant wait to get back on to enter something like that.