Best long travel HT

toastedone
toastedone Posts: 838
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
Budget of £1250, what do you recommend. Must be a pre built bike.

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Second hand Orange P7 Pro - post 2008.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Depends what you want to do with it.
    If you want to do downhill then a Curtis DH HT. For all mountain riding I would go for a Cotic BFe. If you just want a burly trail bike then there are loads to choose from. A used On One 456ti would be hard to beat.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    This is great value if it fits: http://www.bikescene.co.uk/Orange-Crush-6403-77-0.html

I'd look at On One 456 in its various forms.

The Cove Stiffee seems like a well liked bike (though obviously a stiff ride).

Commencal Ramones looks interesting too.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    toastedone wrote:
    Budget of £1250, what do you recommend. Must be a pre built bike.

I ride a Commencal Ramones and absolutley love it. Check my sig. Can be had for under £1200 too!
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Depends what you want to do with it.
    If you want to do downhill then a Curtis DH HT. For all mountain riding I would go for a Cotic BFe. If you just want a burly trail bike then there are loads to choose from. A used On One 456ti would be hard to beat.

Saw a Curtis super x last weekend, lovely looking bike. Tubes look super skinny!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have seen a couple of Curtis's prototypes. They really look like something special. Not cheap though.
    For £1000 you can go to their factory and they will teach you to fabricate your own frame which is then brazed by Brian Curtis.
  • Liam1611
    Liam1611 Posts: 191
    A couple of tweaks here and there should get this up to your needs/taste and will still fall within your budget and the seller isn't too far away.

Dialled Alpine

With good old Reynolds Tubing.

Regards

Liam