Replacement Miche Freehub

Balaclavas
Balaclavas Posts: 61
edited October 2013 in Workshop
Hi all,

Thought it was about time to pick the brains of the hive mind. Last year I upgraded from 9 to 10 speed. Everything went ok, but apparently my indexing wasnt great as I slipped the chain between the spokes and cassette climbing a hill, It locked solid. So lift home and take the cassette off, which took a suprising ammount of force and came off with a bang, then when trying to get it back on the lockring wouldn't pick up the threads.

I assume that I have stripped the threads in the freehub body as the cassette goes onto my other wheels perfectly, is that correct?

Secondly, where would I go about getting a replacement freehub body. As far as I know from looking at the specs for a 2008 Via Nirone 7 Sora, these are Fac Mitchelin RACING 28H hubs with a shimano freehub rebadged as reparto corsa for Bianchi, but I can't find out anything else about the freehub and what will fit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Balaclavas

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    AFAIK Michelin don't make hubs so I'm guessing they are Miche hubs.

Take off the freehub and see if you can spot anything that looks the same online?
  • Oops, yeah, forgot to say that, FAC Michelin are Miche (under a diferent guise). I've heard tales of Freehubs looking very similar but having a different thread pitch so I'm a bit nervous about going for one which looks the same. Mostly just looking to see if anyone knows if you can buy the freehub anywhere or if I might be better off just buying a new hub.
  • Chicken cycles is the distributor for Miche, so any shop that has Campagnolo stuff in their windows can get hold of a Miche freehub for you... they cost around 30-35 pounds. If you don't know where to bang your head, give a shout to the cycle clinic on this forum, he can get one for you
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks guys I'll have a check round the lbs's for campy dealers.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    If you have trouble finding one I keep the freehubs for racing box and Primato hubs. I have at least two campag ones spare in a box.

FAC michelin is Miche same company.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.