RockShox Gold 30 TK - Damping Adjuster

richbayliss
richbayliss Posts: 10
edited August 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi.

I am new to MTB in general - I used to bomb about on some bikes about 10 years ago... and they were £200 bikes back then, so that gives you the background to my experience. I have decided to get back into riding and bought myself a Boardman MTB Team HT from Halfrauds. I did some reading and it seemed like a decent enough bike to start riding with good enough equipment for some "proper" trails without falling to pieces.

I have set the bike up as per guidelines from SRAM (since most of the key parts are SRAM kit) but I have a question about the damping adjuster. On my forks there is a "lever" at the base of the fork which is turned to adjust the speed of the damping. It turns out the level pulls out and is infact an allen key with a plastic handle.

My question is, silly as it may sound, should I remove the key before riding? I figure it may fall out if left it, but may clog with muck if removed. What is the correct thing to do?

Thanks in advance guys. Looking forward to getting some time on the trails and enjoying the fresh air!

Comments