Enigma Evoke, Road Bike with Discs

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
Maybe I should have waited! Still prefer the look of my Echo though.....

enigma%20evoke.JPG

http://road.cc/content/news/95862-video ... -road-bike
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    Nom!
    Let down by the new Dura Ace crankset though, that thing is f'ugly.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Yes it is a bit, but as with all Enigma bikes you can build them how you want, it's the frame (and fork) that are interesting. You could use any groupset and even use BB7 instead of hydrolic converters, or even go full hydrolic.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I like,

I think once they sort out the hydraulic STI, and the price comes down. Road Disc bikes will be everywhere (I am long term conver to road/CX/Tourers with Discs), regardless of the naysayers.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    rubertoe wrote:
    I like,

I think once they sort out the hydraulic STI, and the price comes down. Road Disc bikes will be everywhere (I am long term conver to road/CX/Tourers with Discs), regardless of the naysayers.

All people have to do is go cycling on a wet day with discs and stop. Just once.

I recommend not doing this in the middle of group of non-disc riders as there will be pain.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    rubertoe wrote:
    I like,

All people have to do is go cycling on a wet day with discs and stop. Just once.

I recommend not doing this in the middle of group of non-disc riders as there will be pain.

Oh you mean like today? :wink:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rubertoe wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    I like,

Oh you mean like today? :wink:
    Discs and full guards, bring it on. My ideal bike would be something like that with full hydraulics, probably go for electronic shifting as well. Need a lottery win first.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Old hat this hydraulic disc brake lark. Had them on my commuter hack (now 4 years old) and it cost less than a grand :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    rubertoe wrote:
    I like,

You can even try before you buy, just go to your local trail centre and hire an MTB

I find the squealing noise from wet discs really unnerves drafting fairies!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • very sexy but am i right in thinking that frameset with enve fork and king headset is £2500!!
    managed to pick up my lynskey sportive frameset for £1200 less.....thats a a lot of extra wonger for almost the same bike!