New platform bug

mitchgixer6
mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
Hi all

Since moving to the 'new platform' I've been getting annoyed when using the site. When I open the forum page it sits fine for about 2s before the whole page jumps down about 2cm once the advertising has loaded. This is usually just long enough for me to click the link that I though I wanted, but because the screen jumps down I end up looking at something else because I've actually clicked the wrong thing!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    that sounds like the advert issues mentioned below.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nicklouse wrote:
    that sounds like the advert issues mentioned below.

Is it being dealt with then, loads of people bitchin about it now :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nicklouse
    who knows?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    I think they're designed to work that way to make you take notice/click

I'll pass this onto the ads team in any case
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    I think they're designed to work that way to make you take notice/click

I'll pass this onto the ads team in any case

You certainly notice them I'll give you that but they're counter productive in my opinion, I purposefully wouldn't click on them just because they are such a pain :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    The front page is not updating with new topics in the forum (well it is but not the speed that it used to)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • maringirl
    maringirl Posts: 195
    Still seems to be the same - it's awful jumping about every time you select a different bit :(
  • maringirl
    maringirl Posts: 195
    The site is awful to use now - I'm giving up on it until it get's fixed. It jumps every time you make selection and the ads down the side are horribly distracting.
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    I managed to log in this time but on several occasions I cannot. I get this message 'http 500 internal server error'. Can you help me ?
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • nicklouse
    yes it is a known issue.